Avaya Voice Engineer - Weekend Shift
Posted on Nov 21, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for an Avaya Voice Engineer. This role is a weekend shift role, Thursday to Sunday 9am to 7pm, there will be a 10% bonus on top of the salary for the shift hours. This role is revolved around Avaya automation, SIP, Cisco routing and switching, Palo Alto Firewalls, Squid Proxy, Red hat, F5, and Infoblox DDI. This role you need experience with troubleshooting and supporting Avaya systems and be able to work with the technologies listed above. This person will know the interaction between Voice and other technologies including network, windows, Unix, storage, SQL, Oracle, Citrix, and VMware.
- Support the Avaya enterprise-class telephony solutions, including SIP, PBX, Session managers, and SBC's.
- Work with global Voice team on providing level 3 escalation for troubleshooting high Severity incidents, and Support on-call rotations for operational duties that have not been addressed with automation
- Provide technical leadership to a growing team focused on applying software engineering practices to operations at scale
- Drives a continuous improvement mindset with the team, embracing a DevOps culture and constantly finding ways to make our systems more reliable.
- Write tools and leverage open source solutions to automate tasks with an emphasis on scalability and reliability
- Provide subject matter expertise when collaborating on cross platform projects with teams responsible for Voice, Compute, Storage, Information Security and Data Center.
- Participate with technical leaders to provide feedback to engineering in the form of regular meetings, problem records documenting areas of improvements, and presenting back to engineering opportunities to improve availability and performance.
- Develop and mentor other team members on standard methodology with Infrastructure orchestration and troubleshooting application services in production
- Experience troubleshooting and supporting Acme Packet/Oracle SBC's, IP-PBXs (VoIP/SIP), call management systems, Avaya (Aura and Esna) voicemail systems, IP/SIP soft-phones, IP Phones, automatic call distribution (ACD) (Call Center) and interactive voice response (IVR)systems.
- Design effective monitoring/alerting (for conditions such as application-errors, high memory usage) and log aggregation approaches (to quickly access logs for troubleshooting, or generate reports for trend analysis) to proactively notify business stakeholders of issues and communicate metrics
- Knowledge of SIP, H.323, VoIP, Avaya infrastructure including ASM, AES, ASA, One-X, and Verint.
- BS in Network Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field involving coding or equivalent experience
- Experience with Linux systems and shells, daemons, and processes
Responsible for the following technology
- Cisco routing, switching, and Wireless
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Squid Proxy
- Red Hat
- F5 Global and local traffic management
- Infoblox DDI