Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Nov 21, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is on the search for a Sr. Network Engineer. This individual needs to have Cisco Nexus Switching experience and expertise. They need to be an expert with Layer 2/3 routing and switching with Cisco Nexus technology. They need to have experience with Firewalls, load balancing, and knowledge of network protocols. We need someone with experience architecting or designing solutions in a significant Cisco Nexus environment.
Delivery and Support Responsibilities
- Act as project lead for IS network infrastructure implementation projects.
- Implements technology and IS network infrastructure changes
- Collaborates with partner organizations/departments to engineer cross-functional solutions for IS network infrastructure
- Identify changes needed in the IS network infrastructure configuration to achieve the organization's technology goals
- Interfaces with the vendors' senior technical staff/management on critical/escalated network and system related outages
- Administer effective issue identification and resolution process; serve as the focal point for IS network infrastructure-related issue/crisis resolution. Senior escalation point for all IS network infrastructure-related issues
- Actively maintains our current network infrastructure to expedite the resolution process
- Perform 24x7 advanced tier troubleshooting, including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution, and on-call
- Research current industry technology to better facilitate vendor and partner communications
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for relevant technologies
- Actively mentors other network engineering staff. Develop and deliver cross-training activities. Participates in, and encourages a knowledge-sharing environment both within, and outside the department
- Travel required, as needed, to support IS network environment
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in related technical/business area is preferred
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience; with understanding of the business and industry
- Experience re-engineering/process improvement
- Strong change management skills; change agent.
- Strong project management experience running cross-functional teams.
- Experience creating, and defining metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation
- Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise (CCNP, CCDP) is preferred
Technical Skills Profile - The Senior IS Network Engineer will be required to demonstrate the following skills in order to be effective over the course of this role.
- Cisco Nexus Switching - Strong experience to expertise with Layer 2/3 routing and switching specifically with Cisco Nexus technology.
- Firewalls - strong understanding of roles they play in the network and an ability to support the physical hardware from a tier 1 level.
- Load Balancing - Strong understanding of the concepts behind load balancing from a tier 1 level.
- Network Protocols - strong understanding of MPLS, STP, QoS, Multicast, DMVPN and Nexus VDC/vPC protocols.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.