Resident Engineer SDN Contrail
Posted on Nov 21, 2019 by Flint Consulting Limited
Flint is offering the chance to contribute to the design, the implementation and the delivery of SDN technologies There is also the opportunity to deliver both Pre-Sales and Post-Sales projects in this role.
Flint is looking to you to bring your experience and expertise in SDN to help expand our foundation of knowledge. We will supplement your SDN skills with a well-rounded and deep education in Juniper SDN technology and solutions.
You will have the opportunity to take part at all levels of the delivery process from design to deep hands-on work with SDN, Overlay and Underlay technologies.
Main Responsibilities include:
- Work in a consultative and operational manner to deliver SDN/NFV solutions into the Key customer's environment.
- Follow the engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the Project Manager and/or the Service Manager.
- On-site delivery of services including the review or co-creation of high level and detailed design documentation, migration planning, product integration and acceptance, operations guidelines.
- Support product-focused or solution-focused troubleshooting efforts.
- Contribute to the definition and documentation of best practices.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customers' technical teams, the SDN technical community and the extended Key Account team.
- Play an active role in supporting the customer alignment between by working closely with the Key Account sales team, the SDN Business Unit, the Professional Services team and the Technical Assistance Center.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of Juniper Networks products.
- Provide regular feedback of product and services requirements and performance to internal groups including engineering, consulting, technical support and product management.
Technical Skills Needed
- Ideal - Contrail Networking (in combination with Canonical OpenStack), networking (IP Fabric based on QFX/MX), preferably VNFs (vFW, vEPC). Other OpenStack (Redhat/Mirantis/other), Contrail Service Orchestration (other Orchestration), Ubuntu/RHEL, KVM (other) Hypervisors, Containers, Docker and other Juniper products including vMX, vSRX, vQFX, NFX. Knowledge of underlay/overlay and IP Networking and routing protocols.
- Essential - Linux, Scripting (eg Perl, Python), Network Monitoring and OSS/BSS/IT integration.
- Advantageous - VMware vCenter/NSX, MPLSoGRE, VXLAN, RESTful APIs, Icinga, Junos (awareness not expertise), SLAX/Junos Automation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Cobbler.
- 3-5 years of experience in delivering Systems into Telco and/or DC environments, and integration into OSS/BSS/IT in Service Providers and/or Enterprise customers.
- Proven troubleshooting skills.
- 2-3 years SDN/NFV related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years in a customer-facing/Consultative roles.
- Technical writing.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar discipline.
- Master of Science preferred.
Personal Skills/Attributes Sought
- Experience of designing, implementing and troubleshooting virtualized software and solutions is essential.
- Proven capability to effectively transfer knowledge to customer technical teams, both through formal and informal training.
- Proven capability to effectively present and explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience (staff and management).
- Effective planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, able to work on multiple projects and under pressure.
Location, Language and Travel
- Place of work: Onsite in London
- Able to live and work in the United Kingdom
- Strong command of the English language
Candidate will be primarily onsite with the customer in London. Flint is a provider of Technical Services to the ICT Industry. Appply for immediate Interview