Senior Big Data Engineer
Posted on Nov 20, 2019 by Orcan Intelligence
For one of our prestigious customers, we are looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer for a 3 month contract (with the possibility for extension for at least 2 years) in the Netherlands!
As a Senior Big Data Engineer you will be involved in designing and developing technical solutions that make it possible to collect, store and analyze (Real Time) large amounts of (streaming) data from the network in a Hadoop environment.
- Investigate source data
- Design and implement data pipeline processes (through Kafka, Nifi and Sqoop);
- Design and implement time series databases (Hbase, OpenTSDB, Druid);
- Designing and implement stream processes for Real Time monitoring and alerting of network components;
- You ensure that data scientists can work with data streams;
- You think about machine learning models and operationalize them;
- You will be testing and documenting the developed solutions
- You implement changes to previously delivered solutions.
- You have at least a completed HBO/WO education, preferably Computer Science;
- 5 years experience as a Big Data Engineer
- Business facing
- You have strong analytical and logical thinking skills;
- You have good social and communication skills;
- You can work well in a team.
If you have the required skill-set and are interested in applying, please send over your CV for immediate consideration.