Senior SQL DBA
Posted on Nov 20, 2019 by Eximius Group Limited
Eximius are partnered with a unique Asset Management firm who provide integrated front to Back Office support services to investment managers and other financial institutions.
My client boasts one of the world's leading absolute return managers cover equities, rates, FX, credit and commodities.
This is a great opportunity for a SQL Server SME to join a talented team within a fast growing business. The team is responsible for a diverse database estate consisting on SQL Server, Oracle Linux and PostgreSQL/RDS instances. This role will be suited to a SQL Server SME with either working knowledge of the other or the drive to learn new technologies. The company is also adopting DevOps principle and methodologies and are looking for people who have an understanding of tools such as GIT, Powershell, Jenkins. Eventually the company will go down the route of Docker containerisation and Kubernete clusters.
- Expert SQL server knowledge including performance tuning, Troubleshooting and writing complex Queries
- Ability to work closely with developers and help implement best practices
- Ability to write Powershell scripts for automation
- Ability to work in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Experience of providing 24/7 production and development support for business critical applications and Servers
- Knowledge of DevOps principals and tools such as Jenkins, GIT etc.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic business making their own lane within the financial sector. Please apply with your latest CV to be considered.