Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (DevOps)
Posted on Nov 20, 2019 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our Fortune 500 client near Bethesda, MD is seeking 2 Cloud Infrastructure Engineers to work within their Azure environment. This is a high-tech environment that would allow ample room for growth and exploration into state-of-the-art technologies.
- Work closely with business technology peers and management emphasizing collaboration and joint effort to ensure that the needs and expectations of organizational stake holders, business partners, external customers, and third-party organizations are met and/or exceeded.
- Establish foundation and templates for future cloud implementations, including service catalog updates and enhancements.
- Collaborate with technical teams to produce topology diagram that provides a service level view to bridge the gap between development and implementation of an application.
- Transfer knowledge via documentation and training to software development organization
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for deliverables
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions
- Experience in Cloud technologies and Infrastructure-as-code concepts.
- Good understanding of the key differences to architect and design enterprise cloud native solutions as compare to traditional data center based solutions.
- Sufficient knowledge of the Azure platform to research, design, and implement solutions using MS Azure service offerings.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills required for interacting with cross-functional project teams including Software Development, Systems Engineering/Verification & Validation, Security, Compliance and Quality Assurance.
- Ability to multitask and support multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines.
- Experience working in an Agile, Scrum, or Kanban environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies as required.
- Systems experience in one or more disciplines: Application Development, DevOps, Security, Network, DB, Performance, HA, DR, Compliance, Testing, Cloud Architecture.
- A Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required.
- Experience with distributed systems with experience implementing messaging frameworks with RabbitMQ and Azure Service Bus.
- General understanding of network security zones and standard access network protocols.
- Experience with RDBMS system (eg, MySQL, MS SQL Server, BI, Oracle, etc.).
- Experience working with DevOps Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment technologies, (ie Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Nexus, Sonar Lint, Sonar Cube, ETF, Veracode, Greenlight and Junit).
- Knowledge of the Azure platform and core Azure services, including virtual machines, block and blob storage, Active Directory, Express Route, virtual networks, load balancers, VPN gateways, and advanced Azure Services.
- Knowledge of PCI, SOX, cloud compliance, and security requirements within the DevOps software development model.
- In-depth knowledge of Software Configuration Management (SCM) life cycle deliverables.
- Familiar with enterprise monitoring and logging tools (Azure Portal, AppInsights, Splunk, Dynatrace, SCOM).
- Experience with metrics collection.
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime - straight time