RUBY Support/Developer - 20-day initial in Rome - UN-agency-client - E
Posted on Nov 20, 2019 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for one "RUBY Web Application Support consultant/RUBY-Developer " to start from ASAP a 20-day contract (initial until 31DEC, extensions are possible) for an international Org' client in Rome with possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.
Our client is an international organisation and a great reference in any CV! English speaking environment.
Our client has a growing portfolio of web applications leveraging Ruby/Rails and other web technologies.
You will be responsible for Ruby on Rails/web application maintenance and for the development of change requests, supporting business objectives while providing expertise in software development life cycle phases from design to testing.
Specifically, the consultant will;
- Provide expertise and support on bug fixing and minor change requests of live web applications
- Continue iterative improvements of Ruby on Rails applications
- Provide technical knowledge in engineering, releasing and maintaining web-based enterprise applications
- Update the IT Knowledge Base, ensuring application documentation is up-to-date and available
- Any other support duties as required
The consultant must have minimum 6 years enterprise development experience, of which 2 years' experience will be with the Ruby on Rails Development Framework. Participation in open source projects is desirable.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline
- At least six years of professional work experience
- DevOps & Supporting Agile Teams
- Experience of managing support tickets, providing feeding, ensuring efficient turnaround of issues.
- Excellent development skills in Ruby on Rails and other web technology platforms
- Solid UNIX Systems Administration skills
- Container architecture such as Kubernetes
- Design and debugging of TCP/IP(v4) networks
- Configuration Management
- Virtualization with VMware ESX
- PostgreSQL 9.x administration
- Knowledge of GIT versioning systems
- Operating Systems: Mac OSX, Linux, Windows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential.
- The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described.
- Duty station: Rome, 100% onsite, at least for the initial contract.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.