Lead Production Support Service Engineer
Posted on Nov 20, 2019 by Request Technology
A fortune 500 company is on the search for a Lead Production Support Service Engineer. This role is revolved around the production support of business applications and infrastructure. This role will assess initial severity, gather impacts, and created tickets in JIRA/KANBAN to help support teams and make sure for a timely restoration. They are looking for someone who has 2+ years of supporting applications built on .NET frameworks, SQL server. Any experience with Splunk or Dynatrace is a plus and experience with Jenkins, Git, and DevOps is a must.
Responsibilities include (but is not limited to)
- Should be able to participate on outage calls, lead and coordinate with multiple teams to resolve outages in a timely fashion.
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents/problems and coordinating with various support teams across the organization and carryout activities related to incident and problem management.
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability, and speed of determining root cause
- Perform troubleshooting, analysis, research and resolution using advanced query and programming skills. Conducts root cause analysis including coordinating with different teams to arrive at a possible solution.
- Work closely with Technology Infrastructure Teams, Development & Testing Teams in supporting Integrated/Independent releases, software/hardware upgrades, server upgrades etc.
- Real Time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenges during the restoration period.
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary to ensure timely restoration.
- Test and validate system performance.
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall/Agile) preferred
- 8 + years of experience with J2EE, developing and supporting portlets, IBM WebSphere, Oracle database, Linux Red Hat
- 2+ years of experience with developing/supporting applications built on .NET framework, SQL server.
- 3+ years of experience with server life cycle upgrades (Windows, Linux)
- 2+ years of experience with Service now, Jira.
- Splunk and Dynatrace expertise is necessary for this position.
- Some experience with GitHub and Jenkins is desired
- Exhibits a strong sense of urgency for high severity incidents. Able to assess the customer impact and provide tactical solutions
- Able to contribute to 1. Automation 2. Causal analysis 3. Develop shared/common solutions
- Good experience in handling various production support roles (technical) and hands-on experience in using at least 2-3 widely used monitoring tools