Technical Consultant/Software Implementation - Java, Hibernate, Spring
Posted on Nov 20, 2019 by Appoint Search Ltd
Do you have strong technical skills with Java, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Oracle/SQL Server?
Do you have experience with technical software implementations?
If you do, we need to talk, an established global provider of Financial Trading and Risk management software and services are looking for a client facing Technical Consultant/Software Implementation Consultant to be based on site within a large Investment Bank in Edinburgh. This is a one-year fixed term contract (possible extension)
Reporting to Professional Services Team Lead, you will have opportunity to work on a range of solutions, mainly Insurance, Digital Transformation, Collateral Management and other banking solutions.
The role will involve:
- Leading workshops to identify and document client technical requirements
- Client facing technical project work to implement software products (eg installation, configuration, integration)
- Providing client IT team with technical training
- Supporting clients and resolving issues during client testing
- Pre-sales meetings & project/task estimation
- This role would be ideal for someone with technical implementation experience or a development background who wants to move into a client facing role
- International travel may be required therefore it is essential the candidate can travel within the EU without a visa (future projects for the client)
Skills & Experience Required:
- Knowledge of web-based architectures
- 4+ years of work experienceJava 1.7/1.8, J2EE, Hibernate, Spring, Oracle/SqlServerWorked on WebSphere Application Server, WebLogic Application Server
- Knowledge on the LDAP, SSL, SSO, SAML2.0, Mutual Authentication, Linux Operating System
- Worked on IntelliJ
- Education to degree level in a Computer Science
- Excellent client facing and communication skills
This is a stand-alone position based at the client site; however, you will get the full support of the Professional Services team based in London.
What is important for this role is finding someone with broad technical skills, previous software implementation experience, preferably coming from financial services or consultancy background.
This is a very client focused role where you would be the onsite technical expert leading and managing software implementations and project road-maps.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a prestigious, global organisation; a quietly understated company with an impressive global client base that provides seamless and intelligent Risk based banking and insurance software technology to many of the world's top financial organisations. This is a chance to join a forward thinking, people focused business where your career can flourish.
The company is great, supportive, professional and at the forefront of financial risk software, they employ some of the brightest talent around the globe. The senior leadership team are passionate and well regarded. They are dynamic, with an open culture, no office politics or micromanagement.
Hit the apply button and discover what's possible.