Sphera or SAP EH&S Consultant - 6 months contract in Amsterdam
Posted on Nov 20, 2019 by Next Ventures Ltd
Next Ventures is currently looking for an English speaking Sphera/HarmonIA or SAP EH&S consultant for a role based in Amsterdam.
- Develop expertise within I2M R&D tools (ProductVision, SAP EH&S and Intelligent Authoring) with focus on Intelligent Authoring (IA) tool from Sphera called HarmonIA
- Gather Functional Requirements - One of the first duties of the IT Consultant and Architect during the project development life cycle is to gather requirements and specifications from clients and users. This aspect of the role may require working closely with client team members and enterprise architects to gain a complete sense of client expectations and limitations before undertaking a major development project. As part of this process, the IT Software Architect and Consultant may examine existing IA systems and programs to identify areas for improvement and integration.
- Develop Specifications - Before developers can begin work on a project, an IT Software Architect and Consultant uses their familiarity with functional requirements and existing systems to develop project specifications. They may develop schedules and test plans, prepare documentation based on analyst reports, and assemble documents presenting project guidelines and milestones to team members. At the same time the IT Software Architect and Consultant may identify potential issues between systems and client specifications and propose new solutions to work around these limitations.
- Determine Project Scope - An IT Software Architect and Consultant is also responsible for determining a project's scope before developers begin any major work. They may conduct extra research on a client's existing systems and configurations to determine whether added time and work is necessary to align the project with enterprise-level systems. He/she also identifies areas where implementation may require more solutions to be successful. Throughout this process, the IT Software Architect and Consultant communicates directly with enterprise architects, developers, and clients.
- Interface Directly with Clients - From the initial conversations to determine project scope and specifications to the final presentation of software solutions, an IT Software Architect and Consultant meets directly with clients to provide feedback and updates on development projects. He/she may prepare reports and presentations, as well as demonstrations, to keep the client informed about issues that arise during development and report on integration and deployment. They may also receive updated specifications and requirements from clients throughout the development life cycle.
- Manage External Vendors - For this the IT Software Architect and Consultant will need to work with vendor Sphera to gain support for development and implementation specific aspects of the Sphera Intelligent Authoring software solution. This aspect of the role may require the IT Software Architect and Consultant to consider costs and timelines and ensure that vendors meet deadlines for deliverables and project elements. They may review proposals and estimates from the Sphera vendor and determine whether they fit into existing budgetary and time restrictions and ensure that external solutions work with internal development projects.
- >7 years in IT Consulting and Software Architecture experience in Intelligent Authoring solutions supplied by vendor Sphera (Version 4.7 and above)
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Sphera Intelligent Authoring toolset 4.7 and above
- Deep understanding of GHS compliance and GHS Jurisdictions and Regulatory Updates
- Deep understanding of Safety Data Sheets and Labelling requirements
- Experienced with IT Consulting and IT Software Architecture
- Highly skilled SQL developer with creating stored procedures and SQL queries.
- Hands-on Experience with infrastructure and installing and configuring of EH&S Software.
- Experience with SAP EH&S, Sphera Software, Episys and preferably also ProductVision.
- Strong background in Regulatory and Compliance terms and terminologies.
- Able to translate requirements into Functional designs.
- Good understanding of XML structure and how to interface data with other applications.
- Experience working in the chemical industry is a plus
- Sound PLM R&D business process knowledge like Formulation Management, Raw Materials Master Data Management including Regulatory and Jurisdictions (SDS)
- Sound analytical skills, mathematical skills and ability to solve critical problems
- Ability to interpret and collate relevant data
- Ability to work under extensive pressure and deliver efficient results on time
- An aptitude for IT and an up-to-date knowledge of common applications and systems
- Comprehensive computing capabilities for more specialist areas
- Experience with working with distributed teams and complex global projects.
Start date: Immediate
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Euros Negotiable per day
If you are available please send your CV to (see below) or call me direct. We will call you back TODAY to discuss further with a view to securing an interview as soon as possible.