Network & Systems Administrator III
Posted on Nov 19, 2019 by ESG Consulting
Our client is seeking a Network & Systems Administrator III (NS) to be responsible for planning, designing, provisioning, installing, configuring, and maintaining all IT related Infrastructure including network, server and storage systems. This individual participates in technical research and development to assist with continuing innovation within infrastructure. Leads efforts to ensure the network and server system hardware, operating systems, security, software systems and all related implementation, maintenance and operations procedures comply with the organizational standards and policies. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all systems and associated software. The NS Admin III will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. Will document, manage, and maintain the company's environment with a focus on security, as well as assist with design, upgrades and new implementations of security requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Serve as an architect and subject matter expert as required regarding purchasing, project planning, and implementation efforts.
- Co-ordinate and manage agile short term projects internal to the IT infrastructure team.
- Design, configure, test and maintain all facets of IT Infrastructure.
- Diagnose hardware and software failures and remediate identified problems.
- Responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations from an infrastructure perspective. This includes ensuring the RPO and RTO for all systems and applications are met.
- Proactively analyze system logs to identify potential issues.
- Establish and implement policies, strategies, procedures, and technologies to ensure all systems are current, secure and accurate.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to project management, business analysis and software development teams.
- As required, install and configure new hardware and software.
- Provide level 3 support, answer technical inquiries and assist users; troubleshoot, report and escalate problems as needed.
- Participate in documentation efforts pursuant to maintaining current copies of all system configurations.
- Maintain the integrity of all IT infrastructure; ensuring all are secure, reliable and operating properly.
- Recommend and implement changes to improve systems and network configurations.
- Participate in and provide accurate and relevant commentary as required within change authorization. This includes determining hardware and software requirements associated with any changes.
- Monitor performance of computer systems and networks in order to determine whether adjustments need to be made and determine where future changes will be required (includes security).
- Analyze equipment performance records in order to determine the need for configuration changes, upgrades, repair and/or replacement.
- Maintain logs related to network operations as well as maintenance, change and repair records.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Work within and aid in the formation and implementation of IT policy and procedures.
- Perform routine network startup and shutdown procedures and maintain control records.
- Provide guidance and learning sessions as required to junior members of the team. This includes periodic review of team member's implementations in a peer-review setting.
- Provide materials for communication and training of end users for all modified and new systems.
Bachelor's degree from a nationally accredited university or equivalent education and experience, and
- At least five years of recent relevant IT Infrastructure administration experience, with a progression in responsibility.
- Switch/Firewall/Network Security certified.
- Windows Server/MC certified.
- VCP certified.
- Self-managed, making and keeping commitments and meeting deadlines.
- Results oriented approach with an eye toward getting the details right .
- Knowledge, administration and design experience with the following:
Windows Server, Exchange, MS SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory, SCCM.
- Ability to administrate, design, and maintain open convergence through VMware vSphere.
- Deep knowledge of network standards and best practices. Configuration experience with Switches/Firewalls/network equipment. Familiarity with Cisco and Palo Alto a plus.
- Experience with designing and restructuring of SANs with an emphasis on iSCSI storage platforms.
- Demonstrated experience installing, upgrading and configuring applications within a Microsoft Server environment using industry standard tools such as SCCM and WSUS.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, exercise discretion, and use independent judgment.
- Strong communications skills.
- Knowledge of applicable administration languages VB, PowerShell, Cisco iOS, Linux CLI.
- Demonstrated leadership and project and personnel management skills.
- A willingness to develop new technologies and curiosity to learn new ones.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
ABOUT ESG CONSULTING:
ESG Consulting is an award-winning national provider of diversified information technology consulting services to Fortune 1000, public sector entities, and emerging growth firms nationwide.
Founded in 1986, ESG offers more than 32 years of experience in the IT staffing, Engineering and consulting industry. While local to Atlanta we are headquartered in Santa Clara.
ESG is an equal opportunity company. Our flexible management culture believes in creating a business environment that fosters personal and professional growth and achievement. We make ESG a place where people are treated not as employees but as "partners".