Windows Operation Analyst
Posted on Nov 19, 2019 by Base 3
Windows Operation Analyst
Production Integration ensures the transition of Windows applications into the production environment:
- We deploy applications within test, pre-production and production environments
- We implement operation scripts, procedures, and tools.
- We analyze the impacts of a new/modified applications on the production environment.
- We ensure applications can be operated into the production environment in a simple and efficient way.
- We organise the scheduling of jobs, processes and tasks into the most efficient sequence, maximising throughput and utilisation to meet business requirements.
The main part of the job involves:
- Deployment and Configuration of Windows applications for the test, pre-production and production environments (automated & manual), liaising with the developers,testers and infrastructure experts (system engineers, security engineers, DBA, etc).
- Validation of the operational documentation (including scenario of launch in Production) for the deployment and configuration of Windows application.
- Creation and validation of procedure and operational scripts to automate the deployment and configuration of Windows application ensuring the traceability of launch activities.
- Review of the architecture of the applications and ensure they can be released into the production environment in a simple and efficient way according to internal guidelines.
- Provide second level support to Production Operations - available for on call duties during certain weekends.
Work outside of business hours is sometimes required as launches in production are generally carried out after 5PM or on Saturday
- Knowledge of Azure and Azure Devops is required with the ability to build continuous delivery pipelines for application deployment. MANDATORY
- A background in development on Windows Server is essential (System Engineering experience is not required for this position). However, it's not a mission of pure development, the candidate should be interested in the various aspects of integration of applications running on a Windows infrastructure (Security, network, Middleware).
- Azure and Azure Devops (for building continuous delivery pipelines) MANDATORY
- Windows Server (2000 and/or /2016)
- Visual Basic (VB6 and/or VB.NET) .NET applications
- SQL Server (2000 and/or 2005)2016
- Scripting (VBS and/or Perl) Powershell
- MS Internet Information Server (IIS)
- MS COM+
- PERL Scripting
- Notions of security & architecture (clustering, load balancing, DMZ)
- Problem solving and lateral thinking mind-set
- Experience of working in a similar, high availability environment (Conscious and focused on the controls required to assure the required service levels) is a plus.