Posted on Nov 19, 2019 by e-resourcing Limited
SOLUTION DESIGNER OPTIMIZATION & GENERATION
English + French or Dutch Speaking
Our client is a major player in the utility market. This market is evolving from a commodity market to a service market, has seen the introduction of decentralized production, flexible resources and increased demands from regulators and TSO's. Both digitalization and innovate services are required on the level of the energy production, distribution and optimization departments. This makes our activity very challenging both on business and IT services.
The Optimization department has the mission to preserve at all times the balance of the gas and electricity portfolios to optimize the value of our assets while keeping the cost for our clients as low as possible.
The optimization landscape is heavily changing with the introduction of decentralized production, flexible resources and increased demands from regulators and TSO's.
This will require to renew the IT landscape with the implementation of new applications and the improvement of existing applications and integrations.
The Solution Designer is accountable for understanding and converting the business requirements into a pragmatic & affordable solution design taking into account the E2E solution architecture.
He/she should build and optimize the applications in a cost efficient way to support the business processes and in line with functional and technical evolutions.
The role involves the integration of newer off-the-shelf applications in an environment of Legacy applications.
LIST of activities
- Understands the business content and advises stakeholders on how to best align processes and solutions
- Supports the Solution Architect and the Business Engagement team during intake
- Designs the integration of off-the-shelf solutions with the Legacy landscape and assesses the impact on the existing home-grown solutions
- Delivers the fit-for-purpose and affordable solution design such that the overall solution objectives are met in line with the overall architecture including IT & security policies, standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Documents the solution design, configuration and implementation, as-built solution.
- Estimates the effort and time required for solution design, configuration, implementation and unit/integration testing (together with the development team)
- Coaches and supports the build team (for design and build)
- Participates and supports during integration tests with external parties
- Support users during the user acceptance testing in order to test and track down the cause of problems
- Formulates propositions for solution improvements and follow-up their execution
- Is accountable for solution quality control by reviewing and approval of solution documentation, configuration, implementation and testing
- Is responsible to ensure a continuous cross domain and/or BU alignment on the solution design
- Understands the TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) drivers and contribute to keep their evolution under control;
- Support in releasing solutions to production and post go-live
- Supports the solution life cycle
- Provides the necessary input in case there are dependencies with other changes or domain
- Higher degree in IT or related and have at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge and experience in integration, SOA architecture and design principles
- Hands on experience in working with Operational DB and Time Series DB
- Have some coding experience (.net, Java) and working knowledge of Data Base
- Technical and programming affinity to correctly evaluate migration, trials and development strategies
- Hands on experience in drawing UML diagrams (Class, activity, sequence) & BPMN in Enterprise Architect
- Has a strong motivation, is open minded and interested in innovation
- Has strong listening, communication, facilitation, influencing and analytical skills
- Is able to understand & discuss Business needs
- Autonomous and strong team worker
- Business proficient in English and at least in Dutch or French
- Start: December 2019
- End: December 2020
A plus ..
- Experience with streaming analytics and near-Real Time-system
- Background in utility business (optimization/trading domain)
- Working together with external parties (near and offshore)
- Experience with software development in Agile environment (Scrum, SAFe)