Posted on Nov 19, 2019 by Brookwood
A global telecommunications consultancy are currently looking for an Infrastructure Architect to work on site with an end client based in Amsterdam.
This role is a 6-month rolling contract with long term opportunities. The rate is c 300 and expenses will be covered for applicants based throughout wider Europe.
- Lead Data Centre infrastructure architecture and design guidance for portfolio projects.
- Be SME in Data Centre infrastructure technologies - project solutions relating to Servers, virtualization, storage, cloud technology and logical network configurations.
- Provide and review project documentation/designs
- Create and develop long term and trusted partnerships with internal colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- Collaborating between the business and the IT function to ensure the portfolio is aligned.
- Industry qualifications or certifications (eg Microsoft, AWS, RedHat or VMware).
- 5 years experience in infrastructure architecture and solution design, preferably within a large commercial environment.
- 5 years experience in Data Centre design and design of server, storage and databases.
- Technical skills in modern data center technologies.
- Such as:
- Server hardware (x86 required, SPARC desirable);
- Server virtualization (vmware, ldoms, zones, containers);
- Storage knowledge (NAS, SAN, RAID concepts, file storage, block storage);
- Foundation services (automation, monitoring, asset management, security);
- Multi-tenancy concepts (Cisco ACI, Juniper Contrail, vmware NSX);
- Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GDC);
- A solid background in network concepts including concepts of SDN, IPv4, IPv6, VLANs, subnets, NTP, DMZs
- Experience with databases (eg Oracle, SQL Server) in a High Availability configuration.
- Security concepts, Firewalls, compliancy and ISO 27000/27001.
- Modern development methodologies and orchestration and automation toolsets would be beneficial - OpenShift, OpenStack, containers, Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible and Kubernetes.
If this sounds like an ideal role for you then please apply with an updated CV ASAP or feel free to get in touch for a more in-depth discussion on the role.