Senior Java Developer
Posted on Nov 19, 2019 by IntelliCentrics
You'll be joining a team of like-minded individuals, all working towards the goal of improving the SEC3URE platform - a suite of applications across web and mobile - to provide trust and security to all within a hospital environment. You'll work closely with product teams and business, operations and more in all areas including security, infrastructure and feature requests.
The Senior Java Developer is responsible for designing and developing software and technologies to enhance our healthcare compliance services in the market. This position plays a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle and will work cross functionally with the company's infrastructure, security, data warehouse, and other development teams.
- Build and implement back-end services, API and some front end that integrate with other service and third party partners.
- Interact with customers.
- Validate requirements and system design.
- Automate and streamline existing processes, procedures, and toolsets.
- Ensure code paths are unit tested and defect free.
- Participate in full integration testing.
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects.
- Strong grounding in OOP and SOA principles
- Secure coding practices and familiarity with OWASP
- Secure design and familiarity with MVC architectures
- Understanding of rapid development and continuous release methods
- Ability to protect all forms of highly confidential and proprietary business information and ability to maintain the highest standards of privacy and security.
- Ability to follow and abide by all information and security policies and practices.
Key areas: Java, OOP, SOA
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Engineering, or other technical field or related experience. Advanced degree desirable.
- 5+ years of system development experience using a variety of the following technologies:
- Application Development: Java
- Web Services: SOA, XML, XSL, SOAP, REST, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Application Design: Model-View-Controller (MVC), Object Oriented, RESTful services / APIs
- Data-Layer Development: MySQL, NoSQL (Memcache, Redis, Elasticache), ORM
- Able to technically describe in detail:
- Full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, caching, asset pipelines)
- Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
- Demonstrated experience with:
- Developing high quality, performant, and maintainable applications
- Gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications
- Multiple development methodologies including Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development
- Disciplined approach to software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, quality assurance)
- Desirable skills or experience:
- Experience designing security solutions for web applications and services.
- Any experience with message-based bus / queues (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ)
- Significant experience in web applications
- A history of open-source contribution
- Passion for security, and a deep technical understanding of complex systems.
- Business Acumen - Able to quickly learn what we do and why we do it.
- Customer Acumen - Recognizes each interaction is opportunity to make IntelliCentrics advocate.
- Communication - Clear and effective communicator, both written and verbal, both internally and externally.
- Drive - Gives extra effort to exceed expectations. High passion and energy levels with a deep need to compete and win.
- Focus - Recognizes this is not an 8-hour job, willing to put in time to ensure success.
IntelliCentrics is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.