Staff Software Engineer - Backend
Posted on Nov 19, 2019 by Intuit
As a Staff Software Engineer in Cloud Engineering Team in the Product Infrastructure organization, you will be responsible for creation and maintenance of internal tools and platforms. We are looking for team members that love new challenges, cracking tough problems and working cross-functionally. The Product Infrastructure team owns the Intuit Cloud Hosting platform, which allows our developers to leverage Amazon Web Services to its fullest while still adhering to our data privacy, availability and security standards.Responsibilities
- Collection and documentation of product requirements from customers.
- Successful delivery of high-quality Rest/GraphQL web services.
- Ongoing support and maintenance of existing products.
- Leverage AWS native tools to deliver amazing products using an iterative and D4D (design 4 delight) mindset.
- Provide on-call escalation support for your own applications.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and support to other team members.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of web software applications - professional or open-source experience writing python, and Golang. Java and JS are a plus, but not required.
- Experience creating web services with REST and GraphQL that follow best practices.
- "Self-starter" attitude and ability to make decisions independently
- Helpful, can-do attitude and a willingness to take ownership of problems, strong desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a history of superb delivery against assigned tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills