Posted on Nov 18, 2019 by AirBorn
SUMMARY: Responsible for determining and implementing cost, pricing, and general ledger accounting procedures, methods and analysis, utilizing GAAP, cost accounting, and costing systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for accurate alignment of standard cost with actual cost.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of direct labor, indirect labor, and overhead rates for each manufacturing site.
- Analyzes actual versus standard cost variances.
- Monitors inventory levels and provides value added analysis.
- Develops and implements documented processes for inventory cost updates and transfers of materials between locations.
- Provides business support for the supply chain, engineering, and manufacturing departments.
- Develops understanding of the materials purchasing process insuring proper controls and optimal costs.
- Assisting in the coordination and analysis of world-wide cycle counts.
- Assisting in the coordination and analysis of world-wide standard costing efforts.
- Continually looks to integrate technology to drive efficiencies in the costing process.
- Responsible for value added analytics to drive accountability and decision making across the entire organization.
- Responsible for monthly financial close of costing related activities, account reconciliations, and reporting and analysis of various key metrics.
- Responsible for preparing financial metrics and summary schedules in support of daily operations management sessions.
- Assist in supporting annual U.S. GAAP audits from third-party auditors.
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university, and/ or equivalent experience.
- Certified Public Accounting and/or Certified Management Accountant certifications a plus
- Four to six years related experience in cost accounting and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience..
- Experience using the Glovia and ManEx ERP.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents.
- Ability to use data to influence decision making; must be able to thrive in a multi-location, international environment.
- Ability to support responses to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to various levels within the organization including top management.
- Ability to execute on both reoccurring statements of work and ambiguous tasks or projects.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, and controls, and reach with arms and hands. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and travel is limited to less than 15%.
AirBorn, Inc. is an EOE/Disability/Veteran employer.
ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires access to or use of information which is subject to the federal International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S., person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8 U.S.C. §1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C. §1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).
[Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability/Vet]
To apply for this position, please fill out the form below and select the Submit button.
Please read the following statements carefully:
- I understand that in accepting this application, AirBorn is in no way obligated to provide me with employment and that I am not obligated to accept employment if offered.
- I certify that all answers to questions in this application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsified statements on this application or omission of fact on either this application or during the pre-employment process may result in my application being rejected, or, if I am hired, in my employment being terminated. Furthermore, I voluntarily give the company permission to investigate all statements contained in this application. I further release from all liability or responsibility, persons or companies conducting or responding to such inquiries.
- If employed by AirBorn, Inc., I will comply with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the company. I understand that if hired, my employment will be "at will". I will remain free to resign my employment at any time. AirBorn may likewise terminate my employment at any time with or without cause or notice, unless there is a written contract to the contrary signed by an officer of the company and me.
- I understand that I may be required to work overtime which would include hours and days not regularly scheduled.
- I understand that signing a confidentiality and/or non-compete agreement may be a condition of employment.
- I also understand that any offer of employment is conditioned on the completion of pre-employment tests, background checks and verification of documentation. I will, upon request, sign all necessary consent forms.
PLEASE NOTE : You are not required to complete any part of this form. The decision not to complete this form will not affect any opportunity for employment or any benefits with the company. Any information you provide in this survey will be kept confidential and will not be used in any way that may adversely affect your employment with this company.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION RELATED DATA (Please check appropriate boxes) IF you checked "Not Hispanic" above, please check one or more of the boxes below.
If you believe you belong to any of the categories of protected veterans listed below, please indicate by checking the appropriate box. As a government contractor subject to the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), we request this information in order to measure the effectiveness of the outreach and positive recruitment efforts we undertake pursuant to VEVRAA.
Protected Veteran Categories:
Disabled Veteran - A disabled veteran is one of the following: (a) a veteran of the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service who is entitled to compensation (or who but for the receipt of military retired pay would be entitled to compensation) under laws administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs or (b) a person who was discharged or released from active duty because of a service connected disability.
Recently Separated Veteran - A recently separated veteran is a veteran during the three-year period beginning on the date of such veteran's discharge or release from active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval, or air service.
Active Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veteran - An active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran is a veteran who served on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service during a war, or in a campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized under the laws administered by the Department of Defense.
Armed Forces Service Medal Veteran - An armed forces service medal veteran is a veteran who, while serving on active duty in the U.S. military, ground, naval or air service, participated in a United States military operation for which an Armed Forces service medal was awarded pursuant to Executive Order 12985...... click apply for full job details
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.