Senior Financial Analyst
Posted on Nov 17, 2019 by Augusta Health
We are looking for an operationally focused and engaged finance professional to provide effective consultation and support for organizational decision making through high-level analysis, data mining of financial and operational data, and effective reporting. Incumbent provides effective consultation and support for organizational decision making through high-level analysis, data mining of financial and operational data, and effective reporting related to labor/FTE utilization, productivity and expense management. Assists all levels of management in productivity utilization analysis as well as departmental revenue and expense analysis. Assists the Corporate Controller with data gathering for the Medicare and Medicaid cost reports and wage index calculation. Works with revenue cycle to understand the variances in estimated payments vs. actual payments from managed care and governmental payers. Reviews payer/reimbursement trends..
- 3-5 years experience in the health care field with focus on service line analytics
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Healthcare Management, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid understanding of decision support systems, cost accounting principles, and accounting principles.
Required Skill Set:
- Must demonstrate high level analytical skills with focus on business analysis and secondary focus on systems analysis
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience using Excel to maintain spreadsheets and perform data manipulation for large data sets.
- Experience in presenting financial data to management and non-financial audiences
- Excellent time management, customer service, and communication skills are required
- Knowledge of medical center organizations, policies, procedures and forms
- Two years' experience working with a cost accounting system
- Must possess general knowledge of various reimbursement methodologies
- Licenses CPA
- HFMA certification in revenue cycle or health care finance