Posted on Nov 17, 2019 by Humanics, LLC
Kalcor Coatings Company is seeking a part time Bookkeeper (20-24 hours/week) for its location in Willoughby, OH. Started in 1961, Kalcor Coatings Company is A Right Size Company designing and manufacturing customized coatings and paint products to meet our customers' specific needs.
Our primary goal is to be a successful developer/producer/marketer of high-performance coatings with a deserved reputation for integrity, responsibility, and competence in its treatment of employees, customers, suppliers, community and the public at large.
Reporting to the President, this individual handles all internal bookkeeping related functions, including:
- Processes payroll with outside payroll company and summarizes payments for issuance of 1099s.
- Verifies, allocates, and posts details of business transactions to appropriate journal accounts from sales slips, invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfers data to general ledger.
- Reconciles and balances accounts including cash, debt and corporate investments.
- Compiles reports on cash receipts and expenditures, A/P, A/R, profit and loss.
- Prepares 401(k) remittances and loan applications.
- Prepares and monitors monthly cash flow projections and budgets. Expedites bank deposits.
- Prepares A/P checks.
- Completes records through trial balance. Prepares financial statements.
- Prepares and files Ohio sales tax, Ohio CAT tax, and BWC returns.
- Works collaboratively with third party advisors and external partners.
- 5 years bookkeeping experience and bookkeeping training, or a combination of experience and education, to include payroll, A/P, A/R, cash, GL and journal entries
- Demonstrated ability to perform journal entries and accruals, monthly cash flow projections and budgets, and quarterly and year-end financial statements
- Familiarity with chart of accounts, tax remittances, and workers' compensation
- Prior experience reconciling and balancing accounts
- Prior experience with accounting and/or business operations/ERP software (ie SAP) or willingness and ability to learn
- Ability to process weekly and biweekly payrolls using web-based software. Ensure 401(k) contributions are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to compile reports - manual or computer-based
- Exceptional mathematical and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word)
- Valid driver's license and ability to be insured through the company's insurer
If you are looking for a work environment that expects high quality work, professional conduct and respectful consideration for customer and coworkers alike, and you possess the skills and competencies for the part time Bookkeeper position, we would like to hear from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer