Posted on Nov 17, 2019 by Common Sail Investment Group
Line Cook Full-Time
Independence Village of Aurora
As a Cook, you will prepare and cook large quantities of food according to menus, recipes, and planned residents or guests.
*This position is Full time with benefits*
- High School diploma (or equivalent) or technical school
- 1-2 years of line cook experience and/or training
- Baking skills are preferred
- Good communication skills are required
- Cook and prepare food for residents, guests, and employees.
- Prepare food according to the planned menu using standard recipes.
- Plate food items following portion guidelines and garnishing instructions.
- Ensure that sufficient food is prepped and/or prepared.
- Communicate with supervisor of shortages or outages.
- Ensure freshness, cooking status, and proper seasoning of all foods served.
- Stock and clean station for next shift.
- Follow proper food rotation policies.
- Each Cook must have knowledge of the resident rights and ensures an atmosphere that allows for privacy, dignity, and well-being of all residents in a safe and secure environment.
- Maintain safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security.
- Clean and inspect kitchen appliances and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Present a professional appearance by wearing uniform and name tag.
- Consistently maintains a positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Promotion of positive public relations with residents, family members, and guests.