System Administrator - Unix/Linux
Posted on Nov 16, 2019 by Leidos
The Defense Group at Leidos is seeking a System Administrator open to teleworking/remote work for the Mid Atlantic region. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Level Ammunition Capability (NLAC) mission. In this mission we provide all encompassing IT services to our DoD customer. The project needs a hands on System Administrator/Application Administrator to support our Operations and Maintenance team in sustainment of the NLAC application. You will provide administration and networking support of product-related solutions for various project and operational needs and be responsible for performing and directing server (physical and virtual) and major software component administration, change control, integration and recovery functions.
Tasks include: provide hardware and software life-cycle management to ensure program requirements and deadlines are met; manage and support the NLAC Development environment for full system administration and single point of contact for interfacing with corporate networks and policies. Perform as an NLAC application administrator to the NLAC Production and Test environments; support program compliance under Department of Defense (DOD) Risk Management Framework (RMF); work with program staff to develop strategies to support new requirements; integrate new technologies; support full life-cycle software development.
A BS degree in computer science or related field and 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Security + certification of higher to meet DoD 8570 compliance
- Demonstrated proficiency in UNIX and/or Linux system administration on physical and virtual hardware
- Demonstrated proficiency in server and local area network equipment installation, configuration, and basic maintenance
- Experience in application of an evaluation for compliance with DOD Security Technical Implementation Guides and Security Requirement Guides
- Goal oriented and self-motivated
- Candidate must have the ability to work independently or within a team environment
- Strong oral and written communications skills with ability to create technical documents
- Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work
- Ability to learn, excel and deliver at a quick pace is required
- Experience in server virtualization (Overt, VMware)
- Certification in administering Red Hat/Oracle Enterprise Linux (6 & 7 or later) systems
- Experience in Oracle Database (12c or later) installation, configuration and administration
- Experience with public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Experience in configuration and administration of JavaEE Application Servers
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information visit our website.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to (see below) .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.