Territory Sales Consultant
Posted on Nov 16, 2019 by IGS Energy
Territory Sales Consultant Job Description: Base Salary PLUS UNCAPPED Commission
As a Territory Sales Consultant, you will provide potential customers with expertise and education on a wide variety of energy products, helping homeowners to become smart energy consumers. This includes working in an assigned territory selling natural gas, electricity and home warranty. While using a consultative selling approach you will increase the customer's awareness of choice, as well as showing our competitive advantage and value over other energy providers; provide the potential customers with pricing and effectively close the sale.
Founded in 1989, IGS was one of the first companies to offer a choice to consumers when purchasing their energy. Today, we supply more than one million residential, commercial and industrial customers with natural gas and electricity, helping them to become smart energy consumers. As an advocate for change in the energy industry, we are committed to efforts that will improve the way we manage and consume energy resources. By offering great fixed rates and multiple product options, we're dedicated to meeting the energy needs of today, tomorrow and future generations. When you become a part of our unique family culture, you can expect to be excited to come to work every day, have your voice heard, and make a difference in the lives of customers and colleagues. With the spirit of a startup and more than 450 employees, teamwork and collaboration are key to our company's growth, because you never know where an innovative thought might lead. An exceptional wellness program, an innovative and challenging industry, and opportunities for community engagement are just a few of the reasons that make IGS a great place for a career.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (friendly, personable, positive personality);
- Highly motivated to sell with a desire to succeed;
- Customer-focused, results-oriented;
- Time management skills;
- Professional demeanor and attire;
- Competitive mindset (athletes welcome!);
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions; and
- Sales experience not needed - WE WILL TRAIN YOU!
- High School diploma (college degree is a plus, but not required);
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record;
- Reliable form of personal transportation; and
- Auto insurance coverage that satisfies the minimum state requirements.
You will be rewarded with a generous compensation package that includes:
- A base salary plus uncapped commission (average first-year $65k - highest rep +$200k);
- Residual commission;
- Competitive health benefits (medical, dental, vision);
- 401(k) with 4% company match;
- President's Club bonus up to $10k;
- Cell phone allowance;
- Mileage reimbursement/tuition reimbursement;
- Fitness allowance;
- Casual Dress (uniform provided);
- A flexible work environment with great work/life balance;
- 3 weeks of PTO your first year; and
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement.
- Smart Business' Pillar Award for Community Service;
- Columbus Business First Best Place to Work (2);
- Columbus CEO Top Workplace;
- Columbus Business First Corporate Citizenship Vanguard Award; and
- CYP Wonderful Workplace for Young Professionals.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00/year PLUS uncapped commission