Senior Middleware Platform Engineer
Posted on Nov 16, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Middleware Platform Engineer - Contract to hire
End Salary: $120k + 5 percent bonus and $6,000 profit share, stock options; Bill rate: $40-60/hour for 6 months until conversion over
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
Misc Info: Dress Code - Men: Suit & ties, Women: Suits or dresses; All for the right person full time
Looking for a candidate with 8 years experience supporting middelware and packaged applications. Will support Middleware web, J2EE Application Server, Java containers, WebSphere, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ, Docker, Kubernetes, container a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science.
- 8+ years experience supporting Middleware and packaged applications.
- 4 years of hands-on experience administering Java containers such as WebSphere Application Server, JBoss, Tomcat or Weblogic, MQ with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes container orchestration tools a plus.
- Experience with tools such as Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Git, UrbanCode Deploy, Ansible, puppet or Dynatrace a huge plus.
- Strong understanding of network and security concepts, such as loadbalancing and routing, DHCP, DNS, SSL, TCP, UDP, IP, QoS and ICMP; ability to carry out basic network troubleshooting in a server runtime.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, collaborative and communication skills.
- Forward thinking and flexible to work on any technology.