Senior Azure SQL Developer
Posted on Nov 16, 2019 by Resource 1
Resource 1 is in need of a Sr. Azure SQL Developer for a contract OR contract-for-hire position in Chicago, IL. Individual will primarily be responsible for ETL (SSIS) loads from on-prem into Azure SQL. This is a very large, complex, highly available environment where performance is critical and includes the use of clustered columnstore indexing. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of Azure SQL Database and how to load data into it (On-prem to Cloud) as well as what the challenges are for loading data and or connectivity.
- Azure SQL Database data mart development and support
- Data load design and implementation from on-premise sources into Azure SQL Database.
- Design, development and implementation of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, data marts and related applications
- Design and development of ETL solutions using MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Ability to design and develop SSIS packages from scratch.
- Change/modify, troubleshoot existing packages and related logic to improve performance.
- Work with business SMEs and data architects to implement dimensional data models
- Help define and implement standards and practices for data warehousing initiatives
- Act as a SME for the Information Management team when interacting with internal business partners and external clients
- Develop and execute release plans
- Troubleshoot production dataflow and code
- Provide optimization suggestions for queries that pull from EDW data marts
- 7+ years hands-on experience in data warehousing development and design in large complex enterprise environment with large volumes of data
- 2+ years of Azure SQL Database development, changes, maintenance and support 5+ years of ETL process design experience, preferably with SSIS
- 5+ years in developing complex ETL processes using SSIS
- 7+ years in writing, tuning and troubleshooting complex SQL/T-SQL scripts
- Experience designing and implementing database schemas using Kimball/Inmon methodologies
- Strong documentation experience, verbal communication skills and collaboration ability
- Strong understanding of data normalization rules, denormalization and other techniques to support reporting and analytics
- Ability to work independently without supervision
Technical Environment: Azure SQL Database, SQL Server, ETL, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW), Database Objects, Kimball/Inmon, Database Schemas, OLAP, Data Marts, Dimensional Data Models, Columnstore Indexing, SQL, Data Normalization & Data Denormalization