Software Architect (platform)
Posted on Nov 16, 2019 by Vivid Resourcing Ltd
Software Architect (Platform) - Amsterdam - 6 months
My client, based in Amsterdam, are looking for a Software architect on a freelance basis for 6 months with extensions possible.
- Breaking down the existing Data Pipelines into sets of reusable, loosely coupled components.
- Designing the metadata-driven solutions for each component and defining the configuration requirements.
- Breaking down the solution into deliverables, design the technical specifications.
- Working with Product Owners to align the priorities and sequence of the delivery of various solution components.
- Assisting in research, design and development of product features.
- Providing Technical Leadership to our ETL and Data Extraction Software teams.
- Ensuring alignment between the Data Integration and other architecture domains (Semantic Architecture, Data Science solutions, Data Processing solutions).
- Architecting Product API and Public API to improve the speed and flexibility of product development delivery.
- Proven experience in Software Architecture domain, with specific focus on Data Ingestion, Data Provisioning, or Data Management.
- Proven experience with designing metadata-driven solutions.
- Proven ability to deliver reliable, maintainable, performant software.
- Familiarity with Architecture Delivery Frameworks (eg Togaf).
- Hands-on experience with Data Quality framework components (profiling, business data quality assessment, data reliability assessment).
- Hands-on experience with at least one professional ETL tool (Informatica PowerCenter, IBM DataStage etc).
- Experience with Python.
- Proven experience with building scaling up solutions to serve microservice architecture.
- Proven experience on Kafka streams pipelines service and parallelization of data streams.
- Experience with delivery in Agile environments.
- Understanding of Data Scraping/Data Extraction technologies.
- Understanding of geospatial data.
- Understanding RDF/Semantic Paradigm.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure architecture topics, namely: data pipeline monitoring and execution status visibility scaling of data integration components.
- Open to perform hands-on participation in team coding.
- Using project management and bug tracking tools.
If you wish to be considered for the position above then feel free to send a copy of your CV or alternatively you can call me.
Vivid Resourcing are committed to equality of opportunity for all applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships or any other characteristic protected by law.