IT Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Nov 16, 2019 by Ntrinsic Consulting
An international healthcare business are looking for a passionate and collaborative IT Infrastructure Engineer to join their team, reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager.
The Infrastructure Engineering Team are the principal supply point of IT technical capability and knowledge within the department. This is delivered through a retained permanent team of Infrastructure Engineers, the use of temporary hired-in resources and a group of selected and managed support partners. All members of the Team are required to balance the needs of the IT Service Desk, the strategies, infrastructure, networks and systems that the department operates, and the IT change and business-led system projects we plan and agree to deliver.
Salary: c. £40K
- Free parking available over the road from office (dependant on capacity)
- Small Gym on site shower facilities available
- Modern Open Plan Offices
- Free Fresh Fruit & Tea/coffee
- Full time 37.5 hrs (flexitime between hours of 8am - 6pm core hrs 10am - 4pm)
- Medical cover currently through Vitality after 3 months service
- Life Assurance at 4 x basic salary
- 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays (3 to 4 days kept for Christmas)
- Holiday purchase scheme (can purchase up to an additional 10 days holiday per year with line mangers approval)
- Standard Life Contributory Pension scheme (Employers contribution is double employees up to 10%)
- Discretionary bonus scheme (on target performance is based on 15% of basic salary (attendance, personal performance + company performance)
- Annual share options (Annual Issue)
- Sick Pay after 3 months service (12 weeks full pay and 12 weeks ½ pay)
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and ensure high availability of all components of the IT infrastructure which impact the operation of the business.
- Maintain incident records, diagnose, troubleshoot and fix issues arising with service delivery to users including applications and technical assistance
- Monitor, evaluate, optimise and maintain all IT system performance.
- Refine existing systems, tackle problems and work with the business to introduce new technologies that support and enhance tools and productivity, with a view to continuous improvement.
- Balance system and user requirements with the overall network in mind, controlling change to ensure the security and integrity of company data and applications.
- Understand the company's IT environment and the numerous components of which it is comprised and know how to troubleshoot problems across the whole infrastructure.
- Maintain up to date knowledge for administration and configuration of end user applications, Windows Server, Linux, VMware, networking, server hardware, and storage. Develop understanding of how all these things work together to make end user applications work and work well
- Control and test changes to the network to mitigate risks and adverse impact to service
- Ensure that information flow and connectivity through the network is reliable and secure. Identify and resolve any network connectivity issues and system vulnerabilities. Monitor service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and customer and business stakeholder requirements.
- Assist the IT Management with reviews of system, hardware and interface support with regards to architectural standards and governance.
- Maintain and support the QMS to ensure GxP compliance, including, conforming to, creating and amending Standard Operating Procedures and Working Practices.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in providing 3rd Level IT support
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows Desktop, Office and Server environments
- Technical knowledge of VMWare virtualised environments including the use of use of V-Centre, VROPs, NSX, LogInsights
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Good time management and prioritisation skills
- Takes the initiative and is self-motivated
- A professional working attitude
- Ability to learn and develop new product knowledge and skill sets
- Adept at recording and reporting with detailed technical documentation.
Knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 -2019 (essential)
- Microsoft desktop OS 7-Windows 10 Professional (desirable)
- MacOS, Apple IOS, Android (desirable)
- MS Active Directory (essential)
- DNS, DHCP and network services (essential)
- Web Hosting/support of hosted websites (essential)
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 -2019 (desirable)
- Office 365/Azure/Hybrid (desirable)
- Server Virtualisation (VMware) (essential)
- LAN/VLAN/WAN (Routers, Switches, Wi-Fi, Firewall, micro-segmentation) (essential)
- Communications (VOIP, Leased Lines) (desirable)
- Dell Server and Switching Hardware (essential)
- Storage infrastructures VSAN, NAS, DAS (essential)
- Backup and DR technologies (experience of Veeam desirable)
- SharePoint management and support (desirable)
- IT Security including data loss prevention, encryption, anti-virus, Unified Threat Management, 2FA (essential)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£33k - £56k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£35k - £50k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£40k - £44k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual