Emerging Technologies - Network Engineer
Posted on Nov 15, 2019 by Peraton
What you ll do
- Provide technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment and serve as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Maintain network security and ensuring compliance with security policies and procedures.
- You have a Bachelor s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Information Assurance or another related technical field with a minimum of eight (08) years of experience. Equivalent experience maybe considered in lieu of degree
- You have experience with Firewall appliances (VPN Concentrator and Adaptive Security Appliance) and familiarity of Layer 2 and Layer 3 VPNs
- You have an understanding and experience of routing protocols EIGRP, OSP, BGP/MP-BGP, and MPLS
- You have experience with the latest Cisco and Juniper routing and switching platforms (for Service Provider Core/Edge, Datacenter, and Branch devices).
- You have LAN/WAN design and implementation
- You have experience with Network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- You have experience with troubleshooting such as the ability to identify network issues based on a variety of tools / methods packet captures, specific device (firewalls connection logging, Cisco FMC, monitoring tools, NAC, 802.1x, and ASDM.
- You have experience with network security such as perimeter security concepts DMZ, multi-tier security zones etc, understanding of firewall, CISCO ASA, VPN, IPSec, Routers, Fire Power, FMC, Switches, proxy technologies concepts.
- You are proficient with industry standard CISCO IOS installed on routers and switches in support of corporate LAN/WAN infrastructure.
- You have a Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching certification
- You maintain a technical level certification of least IAT-II in accordance with DoD 8570.01-M
To be considered for this job you must already have an Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance with a polygraph. In order to obtain a clearance you need to be a US Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
What you ll get
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
Associated topics: analog, antenna, engineer, hardware, repair, scada, test, test engineer, voip, wan