Solution Architect - Contract - Financial Services -Dublin - €500 -€55
Posted on Nov 15, 2019 by Trilogy International
Trilogy International are currently seeking an experienced Solution Architect on behalf of our Dublin based banking client.
This is an initial 6-month contract with a high possibility of extension.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Lead, drive and deliver long-term strategic and transformational change
Engage with key senior stakeholders throughout the organisation to ensure the solution meets business current and future demand.
Take a lead role in ensuring the adaption and implementation of agile oriented architecture and delivery methodologies.
This role will have a people leadership aspect to where the ideal candidate will
Lead an Agile Team from a Technical Perspective.
Coach and Mentor more junior team members.
Adapt and implement Agile orientated architecture and delivery methodologies.
Minimum Criteria for this Role:
- Minimum 10 years Java/JEE development experience
- At least 4 of which has been in a design lead role preferably in a Financial Services environment.
- Experience in OO Design
- Demonstrated proficiency in applying common design patterns.
- Ability to communicate effectively using UML
- Ability to write technical documents to a high standard.
- Experience of using an IDE such as Eclipse.
- Experience of the following technologies a must
- Web Services SOAP/XML/REST
- Persistence JDBC/ORM/Databases
- Application Servers such as WebSphere/JBOSS and Tomcat
- Experience of the following technologies an advantage
- Micro Services and associated patterns
- API Gateways
- Event Bus technologies
- Competence in designing and executing unit & integration tests.
- Experience with Selenium and Cucumber
Competencies Associated with the Role
Communication & Influencing - ability to communicate technical issues and strategy to both technical and non-technical audiences at senior levels within the bank.
Problem solving and decision making - Deals with complex issues, develops solutions to remove barriers and uses judgment to make sound and dependable decisions
Customer Relationship - seeks out opportunities to create additional value for the customer and client and relentlessly delivers extraordinary service
Teamwork and Collaboration - Creates the team environment, encourages collaboration and partnership.
Technical competency - Experienced change/project/process management and technical experience with the ability to clearly demonstrate how technology solutions can enable and support business strategy