Senior Java Software Engineer with multithreading
Posted on Nov 15, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Java Software Engineer
Looking for a core Java developer with low latency/Multithreading. You will do performance tuning.
You will work with Match Engine systems that must achieve a unique blend of ultra-low latency performance, the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy, and rock-solid reliability and integrity, all while undergoing rapid release cycles.
- Write core Java code adhering to overall architecture and design of existing applications
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to resolve any issues reported by QA/Test Analysis
- Understand performance metric and factors affecting the performance and find ways to improve it
- Leverage automation for increased efficiency
- Track own progress to ensure timely delivery
- Bring in fresh ideas to make improvements
- Participate in code reviews for own as well as others' code
- Work with other teams involved in project life cycle
- 8+ years of experience in a Software Development
- Deep understanding of Core Java and Multithreading & Concurrency
- Experience with Ultra Low Latency programming and performance tuning
- Familiarity with Linux, Maven, Git, Jira.
- Agile and test-driven development experience
- C/C++ knowledge will be a plus
- Trading industry experience will be a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferably CS, CE or IT)