Scala Developer - Financial Regulatory Reporting
Posted on Nov 15, 2019 by Caspian One Ltd
Caspian One is working with a Global Investment Bank and Financial Services company; an organisation that understands the importance of diversity and inclusion with a long history of success for being different. They are looking for a tenacious Scala Developer with excellent communication and analytical skills to work within their development team based in Dublin.
This unique team includes highly experienced business analysts, solution architects and developers who are currently working on an exciting greenfield project building a strategic big data solution for financial regulatory reporting. You will have the opportunity to work directly with senior stakeholders gaining additional skills along the way and kick start a career within finance for a well-established investment bank.
Ideally, you will have a strong desire to learn and develop your career within the Financial Services industry. The role holder will have an extremely exciting career path with great scope for progression and working in a highly collaborative team.
If you want to work in a highly dynamic environment and thrive on creating new bespoke solutions, then this could be a great role for you.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Scala (minimum 1 year)
- Software development experience (minimum 3 years)
- Experience implementing restful APIS and Microservices
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in an Agile team (preferably Scrum)
- Experience working on large projects in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of MongoDB
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark etc.
- Experience with Apache NiFi
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana stack
- Experience using Jenkins and Ansible
- Experience working with development teams in different time zones
- Experience using Atlassian software (Confluence, JIRA, Bitbucket)
- Regulatory reporting experience
- Capital markets experience