Business Intelligence Engineer
Posted on Nov 15, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
One of my globally leading clients in Utrecht is urgently looking to hire a Dutch speaking Business Intelligence Engineer to come and join them on a 6+ month contract.
The successful BI Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintenance on Microsoft-based solutions (SQL Server, Azure DevOps, Azure cloud); Includes PAAS and IAAS;
- Safeguard the correct implementation of access and security management to the systems;
- Investigate and resolve problems and incidents;
- Process design and implementation;
- Keep documentation and records of all systems and applications up-to-date (CMDB, Microsoft Teams, Wiki);
- Implement and Maintain Deployment and Release Pipelines in Azure DevOps;
- Implement and Maintain Azure cloud solutions;
- Monitoring of all relevant Applications and Systems;
- Support and execution of test activities/(dis)proving concepts/POCs.
- Communicate deadlines, impediments, status on a continuous basis.
The successful BI Engineer must have the following soft skills:
- Able to structure and prioritize ad-hoc requests.
- Team player.
- Strong communicative skills.
- Able to guide other team members regarding infra & operations.
The successful BI Engineer must have the following skills and experience:
- minimum of 8 years' experience in relevant roles;
- Highly experienced with SQL Server (Database Administrator level);
Needs to be certified;
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps or comparable CI/CD tooling;
- Experience with command line (Powershell);
- Experience with Azure cloud.
- Source Control (GIT preferable)
Work Specific Skills (nice-to-haves); certifications preferred:
- Experience with (and certifications for) (on-premise) networking (CISCO, etc);
- Experience with Azure cloud IAAS;
Certification: Azure Administrator AZ-103 (or previous versions like 70-533)
- Experience with Azure cloud PAAS solutions (particularly SQL-based);
Certification: Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Experience with Shell Scripting (AzCli);
- Knowledge about Active Directory implementations (AD and AAD).
Contract duration: 6months +.