Data Analyst/Engineer - Pangbourne - 12 months initially - £270 per da
Posted on Nov 15, 2019 by ABW Recruitment
My client a Leading Energy Supplier based in Pangbourne, requires a Data Analyst/Engineer.
This role participates in initiatives working with highly technical people engaged in leading edge activities. A high level of drive & influence is required along with business acumen to succeed in this role.
- Work with team members, business and the business area to deliver Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and Pilots.
- Work with Technical subject matter expert (SME) in structuring, designing and linking data tables on different Servers for preparation for ingestion into cognitive agent.
- Work closely with Stakeholders and Product Owners to Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture between internal and external data Servers.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS big data' technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, physical sciences, mathematics, engineering or related equivalent with 2+ years' experience in data engineer/data analyst role.
- Experience working and creating dashboards in Power BI, Tableau, agile methodology and design thinking.
- Aptitude to show fluidity, speed, initiative in coming up with solutions to product owners.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function Scripting languages: Python, R.
- Due to the number of stakeholder relationships, it is essential the candidate has excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills and the ability to work collaboratively with diverse and multi-functional teams both global and regional/country
- Experience working with Azure, Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience with Data Warehouse and lake background, understanding key principles and methodologies.
PLEASE QUOTE REF - JS2318