Lead Production Support Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2019 by Request Technology
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for a Lead Production Support Engineer. This role is revolved around 60% infrastructure support and 40% application support. This role is revolved around supporting various application/infrastructure upgrades such as Linux, WebSphere, Windows, and databases. The web applications that will be supported are built on Java and .NET framework, SQL Server, and Oracle. This is a hands on lead role and any experience with Splunk or Dynatrace is a huge plus.
- Provide on call support for triaging incidents/problems and coordinating with various support teams.
- Take necessary steps, coordinate with Infrastructure, business, project management teams and ensure that application infrastructure is up to date.
- Look for areas of improvement in monitoring, application stability and speed.
- Conducts root cause analysis.
- Real Time restoration and triaging of issues impacting technical services (application/infrastructure) to customers and partners in a timely manner while keeping partners advised of significant progress or challenge.
- Assess initial severity, gather impacts, creates tickets in JIRA/KANBAN, engages necessary support teams, and escalates as necessary to ensure timely restoration.
- Create, review and update configuration management plans related to code promotion based on information systems and business requirements.
- Lead efforts to analyze and resolve complex incidents and problems and balance the workload against incident priorities. Ensure all related incidents and problems are appropriately resolved.
- Provide input and technical guidance in project management, planning, task definition, estimating, reporting, scheduling, and workflow.
- Analyze variances and initiate effectiveness or efficiency improvements in the organization, standards, procedures or methods.
- Develop plans to meet required service levels; design data collection and reporting mechanisms for application/infrastructure health reporting.
- 10+ years of relevant IT experience (Production Support, SDLC- Waterfall/Agile) preferred
- 8 + years of experience supporting various application/infrastructure upgrades - Linux, WebSphere, Windows,database to ensure that applications are up to date.
- 2+ years of experience with Service now, Jira.
- 2 + years of experience supporting web applications/portals built on Java and .NET framework, SQL server, Oracle.
- Splunk and Dynatrace expertise is necessary for this position.
- Some experience with GitHub and Jenkins is desired