C++ Data Engineer
Posted on Nov 14, 2019 by Eximius Group Limited
Basic up to £95k + 50% bonus
Based in Central London
We are an options market making and sales advisory firm with a global trading footprint, operating in the Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities and FX derivatives markets. We have offices in London, Singapore and Sydney.
We have been a part of the evolution of options market making from open outcry in the trading pits of London, Amsterdam and North America through to screen based trading and the more recent drive toward automation, latency sensitive execution and algorithmic strategies. Our success on this journey has been underpinned by our expertise in managing risk, our entrepreneurial culture and our collaborative approach to solving complex problems.
About the role As a Data Engineer you will form part of the Data Engineering team. This role will work predominantly on the complex internal platform and data projects. You will work collaboratively with the dev and network teams to capture and monitor all relevant traffic on our internal network, create modelling and visualization tools, build data ingestion pipelines and develop applications for data processing.
The role includes but is not limited to:
Designing, developing, and maintaining tools for in-depth analysis of internal and external traffic
Build data ingesting algorithms that will go through terra-bytes of capture files and raw data in order to detect patterns and trends
In-depth understanding of computer architecture and networking
Ability to communicate with traders and technology teams at the right level
Working closely with Development and Trading teams to understand their requirements, and help them reach their goals
- Strong experience in C++ and Dev/Ops
- Architecting efficient data dissemination pipelines
- Experience in optimization involving the whole stack, software and hardware
- Ability to understand and translate internal customer requirements into technical requirements
- Strong understanding of network configuration, devices, protocols, speeds and optimizations
- Skills include Software Engineering and Data Analysis
- Languages include Python, C++
- Tools include Jenkins, Git