Senior Network Engineer
Posted on Nov 13, 2019 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Senior Network Engineer
- Cisco Nexus Switching - Strong experience to expertise with Layer 2/3 routing and switching specifically with Cisco Nexus technology.
- Firewalls - strong understanding of roles they play in the network and an ability to support the physical hardware from a tier 1 level.
- Load Balancing - Strong understanding of the concepts behind load balancing from a tier 1 level.
- Network Protocols - strong understanding of MPLS, STP, QoS, Multicast, DMVPN and Nexus VDC/vPC protocols.
We are seeking experience architecting or designing solutions in a significant Cisco Nexus environment (5K, 7K and/or 9K Nexus product) as our primary focus. Seeking an experienced Network Engineer to join a top-tier network engineering team responsible for the planning, designing, engineering, development of, implementation of and the troubleshooting of cutting edge infrastructure technologies on the IS network. In this role, the Sr. IS Network Engineer is expected to provide subject matter expertise around specific technologies such as Cisco Nexus Switching technology as well as provide project management expertise for the deployment of infrastructure projects.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical/business area is preferred
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience; with understanding of the business and industry
- Experience re-engineering/process improvement
- Strong change management skills; change agent.
- Strong project management experience running cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience presenting in front of large audiences.
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Experience creating, and defining metrics that accurately reflect the current state of a given process or operation
- Certification(s) in relevant field of expertise (CCNP, CCDP) is preferred
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment
- Cisco Nexus Switching- Strong experience to expertise with Layer 2/3 routing and switching specifically with Cisco Nexus technology.
- Firewalls- strong understanding of roles they play in the network and an ability to support the physical hardware from a tier 1 level.
- Load Balancing- Strong understanding of the concepts behind load balancing from a tier 1 level.
- Network Protocols- strong understanding of MPLS, STP, QoS, Multicast, DMVPN and Nexus VDC/vPC protocols.
- Network Hardware:Cisco ASR 1000 Routers, ISR 4000 Routers, Cisco Catalyst 2900, 4500, 6500 Switches; Cisco Nexus 1000v, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 7000, and 9000 Switches; Cisco 5500 and 7500 Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC)
- Firewalls: Cisco ASA 5500 appliances and Palo Alto Firewalls
- Other Network Hardware:Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS), Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), Riverbed Steelhead and Interceptor, Radware Application Delivery Controllers (ADC), and Gigamon Network Visibility and Monitoring Solutions
- Network Protocols:TCP/IP, MPLS, STP, VTP, 802.1Q, QoS, Multicast, GRE tunneling, IPSEC, DMVPN, Nexus VDC/vPC, FabricPath, VXLAN, FCoE, FCIP, VoIP, VRF, DNS, NetFlow, and IP SLA
- Routing Protocols:EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, and HSRP
- Other:NetScout packet capture and analysis, IP address management/subnetting, statistical analysis, IPv4/IPv6, and familiarity with current network security practices
- Network Applications:Cisco Prime Infrastructure, Cisco ACS, Infoblox, Wireshark, Cisco ASDM, Cisco CSM, and Cisco AnyConnect
- Business Applications:Remedy Ticketing, Citrix, and Microsoft SharePoint
- Standards & Methodology:ITIL, SOX, PCI and CPNI
- Office Automation:Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Planning & Design:Microsoft Project and Visio
- O/S and Software:Windows 7, Red Hat, SSH, VPN Client, and VMware