Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Posted on Nov 11, 2019 by PermaPlate
PermaPlate is a family owned company based in Salt Lake City that has a 40 year history of superior customer service and quality products. We have experienced explosive growth over the last 5 years and are in the process of adding to our team of outstanding individuals. If you are the type of person that enjoys thinking outside the box and working to build systems and processes (often from scratch) then we want to hear from you!
PermaPlate is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to provide data analysis and support for the Accounting and IT departments. The Business Intelligence Analyst will gain knowledge of company data structures and will help adjust where needed. Additionally, the Business Intelligence Analyst will maintain and help innovate our data warehouse, generating and analyzing reports for management.
Communication skills are paramount and in line with the technical needs of the position, which revolve around SQL and SQL scripting and proficient use of our ETL/ESB platforms.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with the IT/Accounting team and executive team to design and deliver reporting solutions.
- Act as an adviser to management, executives and stakeholders.
- Troubleshoot data issues and performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Maintain and support existing SSRS reports and implement enhancements.
- Write and optimize queries to feed reports.
- Receive customer updates, reconcile against the database and adjust live data to reflect changes.
- Refine and further develop existing database functions to support core business goals.
- Maintain monthly reporting.
- Understanding of SQL, data/modeling and architecture.
- Assist with Analysis, architecture, design, and development of ETL, data warehouse and business intelligence needs.
- Build a dashboard and reports that help leadership view performance.
To perform this job successfully, the Business Intelligence Analyst must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively in a team environment by leading, facilitate, motivate, and organize.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to negotiate and settle differences quickly and peacefully.
- Capable of working autonomously much of the time.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors degree in Business, Management, Economics, Accounting, Finance, or Computer and Information Science required; with an additional two to four years related experience and/or training.
- MS SQL: (Required)
- SQL Server Technologies: T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS (Required)
- ETL/ESB Processing and Mapping
Prolong periods of sitting. Use hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must lift and/or move up to 15 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Open, fun working environment conducive to overall success of organizational goals through team and collaboration, commitment, and shared objectives.. Requirements: