Posted on Nov 9, 2019 by I.T. Alliance N.I. Ltd
DB2 Programmer - Dublin City Centre - Euros 500+ Per Day
A leading player in The Irish and European Banking Sector has an urgent requirement for an Experienced DB2 programmer. With a dynamic working environment, great support structure and attractive salary, this role is a great opportunity for Candidates who want to gain further experience in merging DB2 with emerging technologies.
It is worth noting that prospective candidates need not be working with DB2 at present - Previous experience as long as it is fairly substantial will suffice for this role.
This is a contract role, and while it is initially offered on a 6 months basis it is quite likely to be extended well beyond this timeframe.
Responsibilities of role:
As a member of the Mainframe DBA team the individual will be required to support the DB2 (zOS) environment.
The responsibilities of the role include:
* Engage with technical infrastructure support teams, typically DB2 Systems Programmers, and Application Development teams, in performance and problem resolution and application design and development
* DB2 Object Design
* Application access techniques
* SQL analysis & tuning
* SME support of the DB2 Utilities (IBM)
* Support currency of DB2 (zOS) and associated Utilities
* Participate in the 24x7 Oncall rota
* Extensive knowledge of DB2 (zOS)
* Expertise in IBM DB2 Utilities
* SQL performance analysis and tuning skills
* Expertise in IBM Mainframe JCL
* Change and Incident Management skills
* Minimum work experience: 8 to10 Years Key Competencies:
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to work well as part of a team and to provide technical leadership to the team.
* Work and collaborate with other technical teams in the support of the environment
* At least 8 to 10 years DB2 (zOS) DBA experience
IMPORTANT! All applicants must have immediate availability to work in the EU as our client cannot provide any kind of Visa or Work Permit sponsorship at present.
For more information on this role, please contact Níall or send current CV along with brief cover letter through this site