Global Head of Software Engineering - strategy/global scale
Posted on Nov 9, 2019 by Digital Gurus Recruitment Limited
Global Head of Software Engineering - in-house and outsourced software development/strategy/global scale - basic salary £160-180,000 + excellent bonus + benefits, based Geneva (Switzerland)
Global Head of Software Engineering - in-house and outsourced software development/strategy/global scale - basic salary £160-180,000 + excellent bonus + benefits, based Geneva (Switzerland) is required by well known, highly successful and international organisation.
The Global Head of Software Engineering is a key member of the IT Senior Leadership team. This person will be responsible for designing and implementing best practice in the IT development departments through a combination of internal capability and outsourcing.
The Global Head of Engineering will be responsible also for:
- Build and grow the development capabilities of the organisation.
- Solution design and architecture of the entire IT application environment.
- Accountable for development quality, solutions scalability and application resilience.
- Design and implement solution aiming to reduce IT cost and embrace and automation (PaaS, Serverless etc ).
- Develop and maintain a governance framework around software development, including documentation, induction and knowledge transfer.
- Developing a plan and driving actions to improve development quality.
- Management of all development and engineering suppliers to ensure that quality and deliverables are met and exceeded on a daily basis.
- Provide Management Information on the performance of the development teams, identifying risk and issues and coming up with action plans to address these.
- Accountable for applications performances related to development and solutioning.
- Demonstrable track record of leading major development practices.
- Proof of experience on cloud native environment and multi-tenant infrastructure.
- Comfortable on presenting and explain issues and solution to C-level stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of new technologies and how that can be applied to create innovative solutions.
- Ability to lead technical design sessions.
- Track record of identifying, appointing and managing outsourced IT suppliers across the globe.
- Capacity of building the "business case" translating from business requirement into technical solution.
- Experience of working in an on/near/off-shore support services model.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable with agile methodologies, planning and a delivery focus approach.
- Highly experienced with Back End programming languages (.NET, Java/Scala, Node, etc.)
- People management (> 10 people)
Excellent training and career development opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Basic salary £160-180,000 + excellent bonus + benefits, based Geneva (Switzerland)