Charles River Head of Development Manager CRIMS Baltimore MD
Posted on Nov 9, 2019 by Joseph Harry Ltd
Charles River Head of Development (Engineering Manager Architect Technical Lead Head C# Java J2EE Front Office Trading Technology Fixed Income FX Equities Equity Derivatives CRD CRIMS IMS AWS Azure Amazon Web Services Finance Hedge Fund Asset Management Investment Manager Mutual Fund) required by our asset management client in Baltimore, Maryland.
You MUST have the following:
- Current or recent experience as a Charles River (CRD/CRIMS/CR IMS) Technical Lead/Architect/Manager
- Broad knowledge of Charles River customisation to allow for the trading of new products
- Software engineering/development/programming background (C#/Java)
- Excellent ability to work with stakeholders across the Front Office- portfolio managers/traders/quants etc
- Good knowledge of Front Office trading products such as equities, Fixed Income or FX
- A keen interest to be modern and work with current technology
The following is DESIRABLE, not essential:
- Charles River IMS (CRD/CRIMS/CR IMS) version 17 or 19
- Cloud- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
Charles River Head of Development (Engineering Manager Architect Technical Lead Head C# Java J2EE Front Office Trading Technology Fixed Income FX Equities Equity Derivatives CRD CRIMS IMS AWS Azure Amazon Web Services Finance Hedge Fund Asset Management Investment Manager Mutual Fund) required by our asset management client in Baltimore, Maryland. You will lead an engineering team of 8-15 people that deliver global projects and strategical changes. There is a separate support/production team and another engineering team in London that you will collaborate with. Upcoming projects include the enablement of OTC trading, the creation of new AWS software abstraction layers, the move to SOA, move to Charles River SaaS over the next 5 years and the determination of the AWS strategy.
You will be the man-manager for this team and have full line-management responsibility. You will also have the ability to grow your team further in order to cater for and deliver projects. This role will be technical from a design, architecture and code review perspective. You will not be coding.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an investment manager that is heavily investing in technology and aggressively moving to AWS- Amazon Web Services. The team is working with CRIMS 17.2 and in the process of migrating to CRIMS 19.2.
The hiring manager is looking for someone who will enthusiastically grow in the role and who he can give an increasing amount of responsibility to.
Salary: $180k - $210k + Relocation Allowance + 20% Bonus + 401K + Health
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.