Auto-ID Expert Engineer (m/w/d)
Posted on Nov 9, 2019 by ITech Consult
Auto-ID Expert Engineer - RFID/C#/barcode technologies/Matlab/English
For one of our partners we are looking for an Auto-ID Expert Engineer. The role is a contract position for minimum 12 month at Roche Diagnostics in Rotkreuz, Switzerland.
The Auto-Identification team is a divisional competence center. It provides a maintained portfolio of standardized and validated auto identification devices (HW & SW) enabling each sample, reagent and disposable in any of DIA instruments and solutions to be identified securely, reliably, and consistently. Our consulting services and devices allow for fast integration and maintenance of auto-identification functionality in DIA instruments.
As a Test Engineer in the Auto-Identification team, you will lead the testing of new products for example machine vision or barcode readers as well as new releases of our products for internal customers like the R&D Project Development and Customer Care Team.
- Define or support the definition of the test plan for the verification and validation of new products and solutions for auto-identification
- Design, rapid prototyping and development of test fixtures and test software tools (C#)
- Execute or support the execution of the test plan and document the test results
- Develop, author, revise, and/or review Test Methods, Operating Procedures, Work Instructions related to the manufacturing of our products by our external suppliers as well as during the integration of our products in the final equipment
- Support equipment/accessories purchasing activities, maintain equipment calibration/qualification status and inventory lists, troubleshoot equipment failures, and support vendor on-site services
- Enhance testing capabilities for the auto-identification team by improving the process, automate the testing and by proposing new methods and tools
-Responsible for the test equipment and test set-up, ensure they are operational and documented
- 3+ years of professional experience in the testing of devices comprising of electronics and software applications
- Experience with RFID systems, barcode technologies or industrial vision
- Experience working within a regulated production development environment utilizing engineering best practices, including defect tracking, design reviews, and appropriate testing
- Confirmed experience on Windows and Linux OS and driver module development
-Ability to do self-directed activities and work with minimal supervision in a collaborative environment
- Programming experience (C, C++), any other programming language (eg C#, Python, Matlab)
- Familiarity with statistical software (eg Minitab) and analysis techniques (risk analysis, sample size determination, normality testing, summary statistics, data visualization)
- Roche Experience - nice to have
- Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Good in English written and spoken
- German is a plus
Reference No.: 918728SGR
Role: Auto-ID Expert Engineer
Location: Luzern und Region
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2008 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT & Life Science candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.