Administrative Assistant, Complaints & Grievances
Posted on Nov 9, 2019 by Beacon Health Options
Job Category: Corp & Admin - General Administrative
Req #: ADMIN01787
Schedule: Full Time
Location: PA - Seven Fields
We Help People Live their Lives to the Fullest Potential!
For more than 30 years, Beacon has changed the way people live with behavioral health conditions. Today, we are the undisputed leader in behavioral health management, serving 40 million people across all 50 states. At Beacon, we are committed to delivering a 'world-class' candidate experience from the moment you click 'Apply'! Our goal is to help you reach your fullest potential, while utilizing your talents and expertise to help us deliver on our promise.
Do you have a passion for helping others? If so, we are looking for you!
Beacon is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant, Complaints & Grievances to join our team at our Seven Fields, PA office. This position will be responsible for tracking, monitoring, and coordinating Complaints and Grievances. Under the direction of the Administrative Supervisor - Complaints & Grievances and Clinical Director in coordination with the Medical Director and Quality Director assists the Directors of Clinical Operations, Quality Operations, Workplace Services, Member/Provider Network Services, and Account Services in identification of areas for quality improvement, coordination of enhancements to processes and identification of areas for improvement of quality.
What does a typical day look like?
- Create and send Complaints & Grievance Acknowledgement Letters,as well as Notification and Resolution Letters
- Create and send requests for Release of Information
- Create and send requests for Medical Necessity Criteria
- Open and close Complaints Inquiries
- Distribute Complaints mail and faxes
- Coordinate Complaints & Grievance Facilitator & Committee Trainings included but not limited to contacting county offices and primary contractors to reserve rooms for consumer representatives annually, email and mail invitations, track sign-in sheets and attendance for annual audits.
- Present the Complaints & Grievance Facilitator & Committee Trainings in the absence of the Administrative Supervisor - Complaints & Grievances and/or Clinical Complaint Investigator
- Independent Prescriber Registration Data Entry
- Maintain the Complaints Log in the absence of the Administrative Assistant II - Data Entry
- Fill in for Administrative Assistant II - Grievances including but not limited to filling out Grievance Checklists, notifying Care Managers an CAFS Coordinators that a Grievance has been filed, building inquiries, scheduling Grievances, and creating Decision Notices.
What you Contribute?
Education:High School Diploma or equivalent is required. An Associate's Degree in office administration, business management, or computer applications preferred.
Licensure: None Required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 1-2 years related administrative/office experience preferred.
- Strong communications (written and verbal) skills and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory statutes/requirements.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Professional telephone demeanor.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive situations.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as outside entities such as providers and DOH.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and demands.
- Medical transcription experience a plus.
What Makes Us Different?
- Here, it's not just a job - it's an opportunity to change lives.
- Our employees are learners, innovators and original
- Our mission and values guide the way we treat our members, providers and each other.
What We Have to Offer:
- Healthcare benefits available starting day 1!
- Health & wellbeing incentives, such as gym membership reimbursement
- 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals
- Generous PTO, because we know life happens outside of work
- Tuition reimbursement so you can keep reaching your fullest potential
If Beacon sounds like the place for you, what are you waiting for? Apply with us today to get started!
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
At Beacon Health Options, our candidate's data privacy is a top priority. Our recruiting team conducts all communications using official company email Only candidates who have applied for an open position through our Careers page (careers.beaconhealthoptions.com) will be engaged in our interview process. Beacon conducts all interviews in person or over the phone. At no time during the recruiting process will any Beacon recruiter request any financial or personally identifiable information from you.