IT Ops/System Engineer
Posted on Nov 9, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
IT Ops/System Engineer
A very good opportunity for a mid-senior level IT Ops/System Engineer to join a leading financial organisation, within their security and monitoring team. This is located in Amsterdam and offers a contract duration of at least 18/24 months duration.
As a Mid-Senior Ops Engineer you look after the availability, reliability of our Identity and access management solution.
The solution protects and serves a set of finance applications running on Oracle hardware and software, which brings the necessary challenges to our OPS engineers.
You'll work with the following products:
- Oracle Access Management
- Oracle Unified Directory
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
Some of your main responsibilities will be:
- Monitoring and supporting all environments of the security and monitoring team.
- Ability to analyze application performance and make necessary performance tuning suggestions.
- Evolve our approach for monitoring and alerting towards preventive monitoring
- Ensure privacy and security are respected
- React to incidents and perform standby activities with the rest of the team
- Provide suggestions and tools to help development decrease lead time
- Automating repetitive tasks and maintenance on the current Python and bash scripts
- Implementing and providing evidences for new security controls coming.
Desired skills & experience:
- IT technical degree.
- Proven track record in the role, preferably in an international environment.
- Really good knowledge and experience of Linux OS fundamentals and virtualization concepts;
- Good knowledge modern web Servers such as Apache, Nginx and Java EE server (Weblogic, WebSphere, Tomcat etc.)
- Good experience with monitoring tools (such as Nagios, Grafana, Zabbix, Kibana, Prometheus) as well as dashboard creation.
- Excellent knowledge of at least one Scripting language (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby). Developing experience with Python, Java or GoLang is also a big nice-to-have.
- and application Servers such as Tomcat, Jboss.
- Knowledge of Identity and access management.
- Basic knowledge of Scrum/Kanban and Agile methodologies.
- Good English communication skills, verbal as well as written.
If this sounds like an interesting project for you, please send in your latest CV to apply.