Posted on Nov 8, 2019 by Randstad (Schweiz) AG
We have a position available for a Data Scientist based in Zug for a well known Biotechnology company. The contract is until October of 2020 with possibility of extension.
- This individual will be a member of Customer Value Creation (CVC) team in a fast paced and global environment.
- The individual will be responsible for forecasting, scenario planning and sensitivity analyses for the Clients's Distribution & Logistics activities, financial modelling and analysis.
- This individual will serve primarily CVC leads and other clients at Global Distribution & Logistics team and Client Affiliates.
- Develop short- and long-term forecasting models and financial trends
- Refine and calibrate forecast models using advanced statistical techniques
- Design models that relate CVC activities to financial results by workstreams
- Design integrated tools that link models to secondary data to enable tracking of forecast to actuals
- Design bottoms up models to guide CVC financial life cycle management decisions
- Leverage optimization techniques to guide CVC team leads to the best decisions
- Design custom analysis tools in applications such as Visual Basic, Java, SQL, MS Excel. Mastering Excel is a must
- Synthesize and communicate results to team members clients
- Collaborate with other CVC members of the strategic forecasting teams to implement solutions
- Take initiative to advance technical, analytic and problem-solving skills and disseminate these knowledge across the team
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and refine forecast platform for Clients's CVC program
- Develop agent based/optimization algorithms to simulate market dynamics and product
- Candidates with a range of degrees and backgrounds, though sustained success with a significant volume of analytic and quantitative experience is required.
- This individual will commonly possess a bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Management Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics or Econometrics.
For this position, we can only consider CH/EU/EFTA citizen and eligible Swiss permit holders.
Feel free to send me your fully updated application documents including a daytime number where you can be reached.