Laboratory Analyst X2
Posted on Nov 8, 2019 by Adler & Allan
Location: Brize Norton, OX18 3QQ
Salary: £23,000 - £27,000 per annum
Hours of Work: Full-time post of 40 hours per week based on shift work including weekends. The core hours of the lab are 11am - 3pm, and post holders will be on a rotating shift pattern with different start & finish times and working days.
About the Company:
At Adler and Allan, we provide market leading environmental risk reduction through preventative and responsive solutions offering an expert 24-7 service to our customers. We give our customers peace of mind in detecting and identifying the environmental risks posed to their business. Our broad range of risk mitigation products and services keep businesses strong, reducing the prospect of litigation, costly fines and bad publicity, as well as reducing the threat to the environment. In a world where the environment and legislation are in constant flux, we also provide emergency response in a variety of settings. Our customers include multinational blue-chip organisations across a wide range of sectors both private and public.
We are an ambitious team who are focused on growth, putting our customers at the heart of what we do we live our values of Safety, Service, Working Together, Wellbeing and Expertise. Our culture is can-do, fun and where everyone has a part to play. If you want to help businesses and protect the environment, Adler and Allan could be for you. In return you will be rewarded with a great package, fantastic culture, challenging role and an opportunity for development and progression.
Laboratory Analysts Responsibilities:
* Perform analytical tests in the laboratory as assigned by the Chemist and immediately report any problems with tests, equipment or results;
* Perform laboratory administrative duties by receiving samples from Customers, calculating and recording analytical results appropriately, data entry in the LIMS or other spreadsheets as required, prepare test certificates as may be required, maintaining chemical/equipment traceability records, documenting Quality requirements;
* Manage each project to ensure that samples are prioritised and measured in an appropriate time to ensure samples are analysed before they expire and to fulfil project schedules;
* Generate and sign off test reports as permitted based on declaration of competency;
* Maintain smooth workflow by performing routine laboratory duties which include, but not limited to keeping workplaces clean and organised, perform repairs and maintenance of equipment, monitor and report the status of laboratory supplies, maintain weekly schedules and laboratory performance reports, update of Quality charts and notices;
* Perform all Quality functions by performing all required Quality procedures for analytical tests, daily checklists, routine verification of pipettes, volumetric glassware, thermometers and other measuring equipment;
* Always maintain good Customer relations including maintaining a professional appearance, being polite and courteous to Customers in person, telephone or email, proactively promote other laboratory services, provide appropriate forms/documents as may be needed and sample containers to Customers as needed, answering Customer's questions or redirecting questions to appropriate personnel as needed;
* Manage tasks and mentor Laboratory Technicians on day-to-day basis.
Laboratory Analysts Requirements:
* Possess 3 or more years' experience in an ISO17025
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20k - £25k Annual
£32k - £35k Annual
£32k - £35k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual