Technical Integration Specialist (SC Cleared)
Posted on Nov 8, 2019 by ARM (Advanced Resource Managers)
Technical Integration Specialist
SC Security Clearance
My client is seeking support on DSMS integration for one major contract in an international organization based in Mons, Belgium.
The NATO Communications Infrastructure (NCI) project will replace and migrate to IP a major part of two components of the NATO General Communication System (NGCS): the Packer Transport Component (PTC) and the Circuit Switched Component (CSC) with all communication services and subscribers. This replacement will facilitate the modernization and transition of NATO voice infrastructure to Voice Over IP (VoIP) technology
Furthermore, NCI will provide also a centralized and Integrated Management Solution to operate and monitor all the NCI Voice and Network elements.
Activities and technical environment:
- English speaking environment
- VMware products (Horizon, vRealize, vSphere, NSX Cloud)
- Operating System knowledge (MS, RedHat Linux, Unix)
- Network devices (Servers, Routers, Switches, Firewalls)
- Network administrator tools (WinSCP, Putty, Wireshark)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel)
- Test Management Tooling (ALM)
The description of the subcontracted activities will be found in the relevant Technical exhibits:
- Operating within a cross discipline Integration, Validation and Verification Test Team
- Identifying the Target Test Items to be evaluated by the test effort by analysis of detailed technical and func-tional requirements and functional specifications in the form of high and low level designs
- Defining the appropriate tests required and any associated Test Data adopting testing best practice tech-niques
- Gathering and managing the Test Data
- Executing and evaluating the outcome of each test cycle
- Development of quality test artefacts (Test plans, Test Cases, etc.) in line with IEEE 829
- VMWare administration: create, deploy, and maintain network and server infrastructure that relies on VMware products such as vSphere, vRealize, or vSAN.
- Participation in validation of the DSMS Sub-system/Integrated System: design meets the customer require-ments, installation and set-up of both software and hardware components.
- Maintain and troubleshoot the infrastructure stack to maximum performance.
- Implement Infrastructure: build and install computer infrastructure, which encompasses hardware, Servers, and virtual machines, using a VMware environment such as vSphere. Following installations there will be a need to provisioning user accounts, controlling access to networks, and managing storage and security set-tings.
- Perform Maintenance: Regular software maintenance, a need to proactively monitor client systems pinpoint-ing problem areas. Integrate the design, install upgrades, releases, and application patches. On a less fre-quent basis, update drivers, Servers, and firmware.
- Solutions verification, validation, troubleshoot and remediation: Participation in the planning of client infra-structure, by examining requirement and gathering system data, researching possible solutions, developing and presenting their design ideas, and thoughtfully evaluating the design during the verification and validation process. Evaluate industry trends and assist in implementing standards and best practices.
- Create Documentation Create and maintain documentation for all system-related processes and procedures that this will lead to a suite of IVV test scripts; they will be based on changes and upgrades, implementation plans, and support tickets