Senior Network Architect/Engineer
Posted on Nov 8, 2019 by Precision System Design, Inc.
Our well-known, F500 client just outside of Bethesda, MD, is looking for 2 Sr Network Architect/Engineers. You will be designing, testing, and building new and re-engineered network functionality in a large enterprise environment. You will provide issue support and resolution, with root cause analysis. Engineers are assigned projects and self-manage all aspects of their assignment to ensure success. You will create reference documentation and runbooks and assist application development departments with successful integration and onboarding to network services. Additionally, you will manage network equipment and services to ensure pro-active understanding of capacity, performance, and configuration stability..* Come join an industry leader with a cutting edge IT shop.
- Scripting languages: Python, PowerShell
- Network management tools: CA Performance Center, Cisco Prime, NetMRI, Splunk - Implement new WAN circuits/services
- Troubleshoot incidents and faults; provide root cause analysis
- Upgrade network platforms to new firmware/software
- Coordinate/manage project life cycle for their own assignments
- Deploy new services for load-balancing and network access
- Define and update network standards, documentation, and reference articles
- Provide escalation support for end-user issues
- Be available for 7x24 on-call (rotational) support
- Plan and coordinate network functionality/services implementations and changes
- Design, test and build new network functionality
- Perform chaos testing for network components
- Support compliance and security audits for network services
- Plan/implement/support new and existing routing and interconnectivity between sites, business partners, Internet, or Cloud resources.
- Plan/implement/support end-user remote access VPN platforms
- Plan/implement/support wireless LAN access and services
- Plan/implement/support Firewall and IPS policy updates
- Plan/implement/support ISE policy updates
- Plan/implement/support client Proxy policy updates
- Develop and maintain strategic roadmaps for Network platforms and services
- Support late night, early morning, and weekend implementation/change windows as necessary
- Technology and platforms we are responsible for include: Cisco ASA/FTD and Juniper Firewalls, Cisco client access switching, Cisco wireless LAN, F5 load-balancing, Cisco WAN Routers, Infoblox IPAM and DNS, Netscout Infinistream, OSPF and BGP routing protocols, Class-based QOS, Private line and MPLS WAN, Cisco Identity Services Engine, McAfee and Cisco IPS, Cisco Web Proxy
-3-5 years experience in large enterprise environment preferred, but not required
We will call qualified candidates after review.
Resumes will NOT be sent to clients without your approval.
REFERRALS WANTED - $1000 REWARD!
Refer a colleague to us, and Precision will give you $1000 if we find a job for that person!
(The fine print: The referred candidate must be previously unknown to us. Start date must be within 6 months of referral.)
THERE ARE MANY IT STAFFING FIRMS YOU CAN WORK WITH.
WHY WORK WITH PRECISION?
Our Clients. We work with the best.
- We are direct vendors to Fortune 500 companies across North America
- We're the top provider of contract IT professionals to many of our clients
Our Experience. We know how to sell our candidates to clients.
- We've been in business for over 20 years, and have made thousands of successful placements
Our Background. Precision is run by former IT professionals.
- We know what it is like to be an IT consultant working in a large organization.
- We actually understand your skills. We'll make sure that you are right for the job, and that the job is right for you.
Our Reputation for Quality. Clients favor Precision's candidates.
- We take the time to learn about you so that we can best match you to our openings and sell you to our clients.
- Our clients know from experience that Precision's consultants are the most qualified and the best fit for their project teams.
Our Ethics. We pride ourselves on our ethical business practices.
- We never submit your resume without your permission, and we never give your resume to other staffing companies
- We are up front about pay rates and the interviewing process, and provide you with constant feedback.
Our Responsibility. We take seriously our obligations to our consultants.
- We always pay on time
- We offer highly competitive pay rates, as well as an opportunity to participate in our group health insurance, long term disability and 401(k) plans.
- When required, we carefully manage H1-B and Green Card applications, and involve you at every step.
- We have dedicated HR personnel that will answer the phone when you call.
THE STAFFING FIRM YOU WORK WITH MATTERS.
WORK WITH PRECISION.
Overtime: straight time