Functional Solution Team Lead
Posted on Nov 8, 2019 by Harvey Nash IT Recruitment Switzerland
For our client in Kaiseraugst we are looking for Functional Solution Team Lead for 13-month contract.
Job title: Functional Solution Team Lead
Duration: 18/11/2019 to 31/03/2020
The LAL - Logistics Application Landscape project aims to implement an SAP S/4HANA system to manage all (non-commercial supply-chain) logistics processes for Company in Basel and Kaiseraugst Site Services Logistics. Main SAP modules that will be implemented are eWM - extended Warehouse Management, TM - Transportation Management, and YL - Yard Logistics.
The project pursues - amongst others - the following business objectives:
- Easy and fast access to the required logistics services (through a Service Portal)
- Automated, system-supported processing of end-to-end customer orders
- Full transparency and traceability (VAT, customs, dangerous goods, narcotics, cool-chain goods)
- Standardization and reduction of the number of systems used
- Harmonization of processes
We are looking for a strong and experienced Team Leader who is able to lead and manage the project's Functional Solution Team, which consists of 5 Functional Experts, a Solution Architect and a Solution Owner. The ideal candidate is able to set clear goals for the team and define, plan, coordinate, facilitate and track the activities and deliverables which are required to achieve the team's goals. For this, we need a person with a strategic as well as a tactical viewpoint and skill set, who will report to, and work closely with the IT Project Manager in the areas of planning, tracking and reporting.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The Functional Solution Lead and the IT PM will work closely together.
The Functional Solution Lead will be responsible for:
- Team management in terms of planning and monitoring of activities and deliverables, progress, reporting status, action item management, etc.
- Initiate and coordinate collaboration with the Supplier functional/solution resources to enable design review, knowledge transfer/sharing, screening, testing, defect resolution etc.
- Planning of the Company functional resources for the design review, knowledge transfer/sharing, screening, testing, defect resolution etc.
- Ensure that the solution design and implementation considers solution and architecture standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Initiate and coordinate collaboration with other project streams incl. Testing, Master Data, Interfaces, Partner Teams/Services etc. on respective topics, activities, deliverables, resources, dependencies, risks & issues.
- Initiate and coordinate collaboration with Partner Projects/Solutions to align on design, architectural and implementation standards and approaches.
- Support the validation of Change Requests in order to analyze and assess impacts.
- Support the transition and handover of the solution to Operations
- Report on status of activities and deliverables, and escalate process and project risks and issues (RAID) to the IT PM.
- +5 years of experience in Team management (not only one team) within large Matrix organizations
- +5 years of experience in SAP implementation projects
- Comparable experience in Supply-Chain projects
Nice to have:
- German (not a must but a big plus as Business Users prefer to speak German)
- Experience in defining and executing know-how transfer planning (from external supplier to internal resources)
- Experience in defining operational support planning
For further details please contact: