Windows VMware Systems Engineer
Posted on Nov 7, 2019 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Windows and VMware Systems Engineer with storage experience. Candidate will assist in the design, planning, and implementation of enterprise-wide system solutions.
- Manage and maintain systems and software.
- Support server software and hardware and related applications and systems.
- Design systems that proactively monitor health and performance of systems and infrastructure.
- Implement tools to provide analytic trend analysis, capacity planning and performance data.
- Assist in standardized design of new and existing processes and policies.
- Document existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives for existing systems.
- Research and recommend emerging technologies to increase cost effectiveness, system ability and future expandability.
- Facilitate, lead and document meetings and discussions.
- Act as a liaison between IT management and remote branches and technicians.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
- 5+ years experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 design, implementation and administration
- 5+ years experience with VMWare design, implementation and administration a plus.
- 5+ years experience with Dell EMC SAN (VMAX3, VNX, XtremIO) design, implementation and administration a plus.
- Strong PowerShell/WMI Scripting knowledge.
- Experience using server automation, orchestration and configuration tools such as Ansible a plus.
- IT certifications such as MCSA or MCSE a plus.
- Experience supporting Active Directory, DNS and GPO development.
- Experience with HP Proliant Servers.
- Knowledge of networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP and remote communications.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues using Wireshark and other network analysis tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in high-availability, fast-paced environments.
- Strong customer service focus and experience with end users.