Posted on Nov 7, 2019 by RP International
Job Title: Infrastructure Architect
Location: Zürich, CH
Duration: 3-6 months
- The focus of your role will be to work as an Architect within the architecture/engineering team assessing the non-functional requirements team driving the enhanced services into the Production environment
- Your will be expected to provide senior technical oversight and input to all key Engineering activities including but not limited to: requirements management, design, integration, testing, operational integration and production support.
- A large part of the role will include ensuring effective integration with the broader IT environment therefore a detailed appreciation of associated infrastructure and core services is required ie Identity Management, Network, Storage, Monitoring, Automation, Security etc.
- As the lead technical resource, you will also be expected to act as a primary representative into management, governance and operational forums in support of timely delivery of the solutions.
- The role relates to a specific requirement to assessment non functional application which has been implemented on a tactical time-frame and as such there are specific areas which require architectural review and short term improvement, these include but are not limited to:
- Capacity Management
- Business Continuity
- Release/Change Management
- The role will cover formalization of architectural requirements, an initial assessment of the existing implementation against those requirements and subsequently a revised target state architecture
- The role will also involve providing support to Engineering and Operational functions to enable the implementation of the target state architecture
- Provide technical oversight to the full Engineering life cycle including:
- Requirements Analysis
- High and Low Level Design documentation
- Creation of Operational handover documentation
- Engagement with Security, Risk and Compliance teams as required to support organisational review processes and ensure solution adherence with Security, Risk and Compliance requirements
- Participation in required governance processes eg Design Reviews, etc.
- Solution testing
- General activities within the scope of Design, Engineering, Testing and Operational handover, this includes, but is not limited to: Incident/Problem Management, Security Patch integration, Product Change engineering
- The applicant must demonstrate comparable experience working at scale in a Global environment
- Must have relevant experience in a Global Financial organization
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in an Architecture role working with large organizations to provide solutions in the collaboration space
- A successful track record of delivering complex solutions
- Excellent client facing skills to C-level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Proactive mindset to exploring and presenting options underpinned by technical reasoning
- An understanding of Security, Compliance and Risk considerations as they relate to solution design, implementation and operation within global financial organizations
- Formal management experience desirable
- Ability to navigate complex operational environments effectively
- Expert level:
- Linux (RH)
- Storage (NAS, NetApp)
- Database (MySQL, SQL, Oracle)
- Load-balancer (F5, NGNX, Avi)
- Monitoring (Splunk)
- Automation and Scripting experience (Ansible, Mulesoft)
- Solution integration ie, Directory Services, Identity and Entitlements management solutions, Security, Monitoring etc.
- Successful track record delivering infrastructure solutions for applications in complex global environments with over 50,000 users
- Core Infra
- End of life HW
- End of life OS
All candidates will need to go through a thorough background check.
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Some travel maybe required. Only successful candidates will be contacted.