Data Architect/Enterprise Data Architect
Posted on Nov 6, 2019 by Applied Informatics Limited
Software architecture and development consultancy seeks suitably experienced Data Architecture specialist as part of a bid to support development of a new central data hub for the Driver & Vehicles Standards Agency (DVSA).
The project forms part of the discovery phase for a system that will be built and deployed to run on AWS, and will be utilised by all the enterprise's different business and reporting applications.
Working with the client's existing team, the specialist will be responsible for creating a clear and consistent understanding of the organisation's data needs by analysing the various sources and types of data used across enterprise and by designing an Enterprise Data Model to represent them.
The work will be based at the client's office in Nottingham with occasional travel to Bristol and Swansea.
This engagement is expected to be outside IR35.
Role will include:
- identifying and cataloguing all data in use across the enterprise and the data components where the data is stored;
- developing and maintaining matrices showing the relationships between data entities, business areas and application components;
- developing and maintaining an Enterprise Data model to support conceptual, logical and physical views of the organisation's data architecture; and
- developing and maintaining an accompanying dictionary of data data definitions.
Essential skills and experience
- Significant experience of building and maintaining conceptual, logical and physical data models for relational databases using appropriate tooling.
- Cataloguing, analysing and mapping data requirements.
- Experience of working on complex programmes with significant amount of business data content and with multiple dependencies between projects.
- Experienced with AWS cloud services.
- Experience of working in an agile environment and comfortable with meeting challenging deadlines.
- Excellent client facing skills.
Highly desirable skills and experience
- Experience of using Informatica or equivalent enterprise data management tool.
- Experience of working with transport related data and data models.
- Knowledge of de-normalised data structures and models used for analytics and reporting.
- Existing security clearance.